VMware Blog Posts VMTN Network Member Blog Posts
- Joe Baguley – Keynote Speaker at VMUG Romania July 2019Blog Name: CloudHat.eu Author: Constantin Ghioc
Next meeting from VMUG Romania marks again some unexplored avenues: Joe Baguley, Vice-President and CTO EMEA at VMware, will be the keynote speaker of the event. Two more speakers from the international VMware community will attend the meeting. Save the date announcement was already sent to the VMUG community, for a full day event on [...] The post Joe Baguley – Keynote Speaker at VMUG Romania July 2019 appeared first on CloudHat.eu.
Published on 2019-06-07 | Time 05:24:23
- VMware vExpert 2019 Second Half Application Now Opens!Blog Name: Plain Virtualization Author: Wee Kiong Tan
The application for VMware vExpert 2019 has now opened again! As usual, there will be two application period one at the beginning of the year and one in the mid of the year.For those who have missed the first time round, this is your last chance. For those who have not accepted into the program in the first application, this is your time to prove your worth into spending thoughts of your contributions to the application.The announcement can be found here. The application can be found here. Befo[...]
Published on 2019-06-07 | Time 04:24:00
- Cleveland VMUG – June 2019 MeetingBlog Name: Cybersylum Author: Arron King
The next meeting of the Cleveland VMUG will be held on June 26th from 5-8pm. Topics will include: VMware Cloud on AWS Securing Your Assets in the Cloud by Trend Micro Overview of the changes in vSphere 6.7 Update 2 [...] The post Cleveland VMUG – June 2019 Meeting appeared first on Cybersylum.
Published on 2019-06-07 | Time 02:40:40
- TinkerTry’s Eight Birthday Milestones – a thousand long articles, a thousand compact home lab bundles, a million+ readers a year, and a VMware video with a million viewsBlog Name: TinkerTry IT @ home | Author: Paul Braren
Luck would have it that TinkerTry passed several milestones, all in the past week! I've always been rather transparent at TinkerTry, and figured I'd share some private stats that aren't really easy to determine from public sources. May 31 2019 - How to build your awesome virtualization home lab with VMware vSphere 6.0 (ESXi & vCSA) 4 year old video hits 1M views/12.2M watch time minutes, with 97.9% likes vs. dislikes Sorry humanity, for 12.2M minutes of time spent watching this, I sure wish I h[...]
Published on 2019-06-07 | Time 23:25:00
- HPE ESXi 6.7 U2 Customized Image and HPE Dynamic Smart Array B140i Controller DriverBlog Name: doOdzZZ’s Notes Author: Abdullah
I’ve been busy for the past two days upgrading my home lab to 6.7 U2 and one of my servers is a ProLiant ML150 Gen9 and its RAID controller is a B140i. This host...
Published on 2019-06-07 | Time 19:31:27
- Learn More About VMware Discovery CenterBlog Name: Partner News Author: The VMware Partner Network Team
Based on the merit of design innovation, the Association of Briefing Program Managers (ABPM) recently recognized VMware Discovery Center with their World Class Center Award. Consider it for your next customer briefing. The post Learn More About VMware Discovery Center appeared first on Partner News.
Published on 2019-06-07 | Time 16:34:02
- Appliance (OS) root password is expired – vSphere 6.7Blog Name: ESX Virtualization Author: Vladan SEGET
I had this message on one of my vCenter server appliances when I was going to run an update. I'm running my vCenter server in a linked mode in the lab. The messages says that “Appliance (OS) root password is expired“. In fact, just today I noticed that VMware just released a new update – [...] Read the full post Appliance (OS) root password is expired – vSphere 6.7 at ESX Virtualization.
Published on 2019-06-07 | Time 13:21:44
- Sharing is caring!Blog Name: Hyper-converged Author: Christoph Villnow
I’ve been into VMware for quite a while now. And into storage products also. So it is quite normal that VMware vSAN caught my interest immediately. But it is challenging sometimes, to explain in an simple and easy way, how it works and what the benefits of vSAN are depending on the knowledge of the... Continue Reading →
Published on 2019-06-07 | Time 11:01:46
- VMware: Actualizar nuestro VCSA a la última versión – VMware vCenter Server 6.7 Update 2g Build 13638625Blog Name: Jorgedelacruz.es Author: Jorge de la Cruz
Saludos amigos, VMware ha lanzado una actualización de carácter crítico que incluye varios parches de seguridad para los siguientes CVE: CVE-2018-12126 CVE-2018-12127 CVE-2018-12130 CVE-2019-11091 Para… The post VMware: Actualizar nuestro VCSA a la última versión – VMware vCenter Server 6.7 Update 2g Build 13638625 appeared first on El Blog de Jorge de la Cruz.
Published on 2019-06-07 | Time 07:15:30
- How save the cost for the VCP-NV 2019 examBlog Name: vInfrastructure Blog Author: Andrea Mauro
Reading Time: 2 minutes The VCP-NV 2019 certification proves you can transform the economics of network and security operations for your company. VCP-NV 2019 certification validates your ability to install, configure, and administer NSX virtual networking implementations, regardless of the underlying physical architecture. Usually to gain this you need to take the related exam, and of course pass it. Actually the exam is the VMware Certified Professional 6 – Network Virtualization 6.2 Exam, b[...]
Published on 2019-06-06 | Time 05:41:47
- vCenter Server Converge Tool – What About My CertificatesBlog Name: davidstamen.com
As more customers get ready to run the vCenter Server Converge Tool in their environments, a common question that has been asked is “What Happens to my Certificates?” Well that is a good question so lets find out!
Published on 2019-06-06 | Time 00:00:00
- Going to HPE Discover? Come see my session on VMware & VVols and stop by our VMware demoBlog Name: vSphere-land Author: esiebert7625
I’ve had a dry spell of going to HPE Discover largely because we haven’t had a VMware demo the last few years. Well that all changed this year as we have a dedicated VMware & VVols demo and also a breakout session. So if you are attending HPE Discover sign up for my session on … Continue reading » [[ This is a content summary only. Visit my website for full links, other content, and more! ]]
Published on 2019-06-06 | Time 19:44:09
- NSX-T Infrastructure Deployment Using AnsibleBlog Name: NSX / Network Virt Author: Madhukar Krishnarao
VMware NSX-T Data Center 2.4 was a major release adding new functionality for virtualized network and security for public, private and hybrid clouds. The release includes a rich set of features including IPv6 support, context-aware firewall, network introspection features, a new intent-based networking user interface and many more. Along with these features, another important infrastructure The post NSX-T Infrastructure Deployment Using Ansible appeared first on Network Virtualization.
Published on 2019-06-06 | Time 17:42:42
- Revamped PowerShell Module for Pure and VMwareBlog Name: Cody Hosterman Author: codyhosterman
About 6 months ago, my esteemed colleague Barkz blogged about our path forward with PowerShell. We have an official PowerShell SDK for managing the FlashArray–but it is limited to that: doing stuff to the FlashArray. So to add value and make managing it within context of the layers you actually manage your infrastructure from (VMware, ... Continue Reading Revamped PowerShell Module for Pure and VMware →
Published on 2019-06-06 | Time 16:54:12
- Writing Performant Tagging Code: Tips and Tricks for PowerCLIBlog Name: Performance Author: Ravi Soundararajan
vSphere 5.1 introduced an inventory tagging feature that has been available in all later versions of vSphere, including vSphere 6.7. Tags let datacenter administrators organize different vSphere objects like datastores, virtual machines, hosts, and so on. This makes it easier to sort and search for objects that share a tag, among other things. For example, [...] The post Writing Performant Tagging Code: Tips and Tricks for PowerCLI appeared first on VMware VROOM! Blog.
Published on 2019-06-06 | Time 16:06:55