The Google Cloud Plug-in for VMware vRealize Automation is now available for download on VMware Solution Exchange (VSX)!
Google Cloud Plug-in for VMware vRealize Automation
As announced last year in July, Google Cloud and VMware have been collaborating to develop a native integration between Google Cloud and VMware vRealize Automation via a Google Cloud plug-in for VMware vRealize Orchestrator (vRO). As the embedded workflow engine in vRealize Automation, vRO enables users to extend the vRealize Automation capabilities with custom services. The new Google Cloud Plug-in provides vRealize Automation customers consistent management across vSphere-based on-premises environments and Google Cloud-based public cloud environments.
With the new plug-in, providers (e.g. internal IT teams, SREs, pipeline engineers) can offer Google Cloud resources from vRealize Automation via service catalog, API or CLI. To illustrate, providers can use Google-provided blueprints or design custom blueprints for Google Compute Engine (GCE) resources and publish them on the vRealize Automation service catalog. End users (e.g. developers, SREs, DevOps teams) can then provision and consume the Google Cloud resources, such as GCE Virtual Machines (VMs).
Since the first preview release, the Google Cloud team has introduced several new features and enhancements to the Google Cloud plug-in, working with customers and Partners. Here are some examples:
- Support for new services: Google Kubernetes Engine, Cloud SQL, Cloud Spanner, Cloud Pub/Sub, Cloud Key Management Service, Cloud Filestore (Beta), IAM Service Accounts
- Improved VM Instance workflows: Set Windows Password, Execute SSH command, Retrieve serial port output, Restore from Snapshot
- Support for http proxy settings when creating a Connection
- Workflows to simplify the import of XaaS Custom Resources and Blueprints into vRealize Automation
- Default options for Create VM Instance workflow
- View estimated monthly cost in Create VM Instance
- Workflow to capture errors and optionally email to suppor
- Improved connection synchronization handling on vRO clusters
- First-class support for Health Check management
- User documentation for vRO scripting objects
Better Together – vRealize Automation and Google Cloud
Supported by Google, the new Google Cloud plug-in enables vRealize Automation customers to achieve quick time to value for integrating Google Cloud as an end-point and designing/offering blueprints for Google Cloud-based resources. Providers can maintain governance over the Google Cloud resources across business groups via policies, as well as, support Day 2 Operations, including reclaiming provisioned resources to lower operational cost.
Hear what these partners and customers are saying about the new Google Cloud Plug-in for VMware vRealize Automation:
“We are delighted that Google has made available the integration of VMware vRealize that will now help customers to seamlessly adopt Google Cloud Platform in a Hybrid Cloud environment.”
– Harish Chauhan, Chief Architect at Cognizant’s GCP Center of Excellence
“The plug-in for VMware vRealize Automation enables us to offer a managed hybrid cloud solution. This gives us the versatility of Google Cloud whilst still keeping in line with our internal standards.”
– Martin Harrower, Cloud Engineer, SKY UK
VMware vRealize Automation – programmable provisioning for multi-cloud environments
VMware vRealize Automation is a cloud automation platform that enables authorized users to programmatically request infrastructure and application resources from any cloud to design and deliver VM and container-based applications. In short, vRealize Automation gives IT teams a consistent management experience across hybrid and multi-clouds.
- vRealize Automation empowers IT teams (providers) to maintain policy-based governance over underlying multiple cloud resources and automate the delivery of multi-cloud environments and developer services
- vRealize Automation enables developers (consumers) to work independent of IT, by accessing environment and application resources on any cloud through API, catalog, or CLI, with lifecycle management
To learn more how you can take advantage of Google Cloud-based public cloud environments with vRealize Automation, download the Google Cloud plug-in from VSX. You can also check out Google’s blog for more details on the Google Cloud plug-in. See how you can provide developers a single digital foundation to interact with, while maintaining consistent management and governance across multi-clouds.
- Download: Google Cloud Plug-in for VMware vRealize Automation
- Google Announcement: Now generally available: Plug-in for VMware vRealize Automation
- Google Announcement: VMware and Google Cloud: building the hybrid cloud together with vRealize Orchestrator
- VMware Announcement: VMware and Google Collaboration
- vRealize Automation 7.5 Announcement
- vRealize Automation
5 comments have been added so far