We are very excited about the latest release of vRealize Lifecycle Manager that went GA on September 20, 2018.
Along side vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager we updated several of our key products in our Cloud Management space.
- vRealize Automation 7.5 – YAY New UI
- vRealize Business for Cloud 7.5
- vRealize Code Stream 2.4.1
- vRealize Operations 7.0 – Massive Release!
- vRealize Log insight 4.7
- vRealize Network insight 3.9.0
All combined, these products together make up our vRealize Suite, 2018 edition!
What is vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager?
vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager automates install, configuration, upgrade, patch, configuration management, drift remediation and health from within a single pane of glass, thereby freeing IT Managers/Cloud admin resources to focus on business-critical initiatives, while improving time to value (TTV), reliability and consistency. Automates Day 0 to Day 2 operations of the entire vRealize Suite, enabling simplified operational experience for customers.
Your Content, anytime, anywhere.
By bringing DevOps principles to the management of vRealize Suite content, Content Management in LCM is an extensible, customizable framework that provides a set of release management processes for software-defined content with the ability to capture, version control, test, release and rollback. This Content Management makes it possible to dispense with the time-consuming and error-prone manual processes currently required to manage software-defined content. Supported content includes entities from vRealize Automation, vRealize Orchestration, vSphere 6.x, and now with LCM 2.0 we support vRealize Operations content. All of this content can be sourced controlled by Gitlab.
The best part is that vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager is FREE for all vRealize suite customers!
What’s New for 2.0?
- Inventory of all certificates used across vRealize suite environments
- Generate & Import certificates
- Generate GSR
- Apply certificates at product level
- Replace Certificates
Patching for vRealize Suite Components
- Centralized management for all vRealize suite Patches
- Seamless download and patch deployments
- Patch application history at product and environment level
- Upload or download directly from myvmware.com
Content Management Enhancements
- Support for vRealize Operations Content – Alerts, Dashboards, Reports, Metrics and Symptoms
- Comprehensive content filtering
- Release / Deploy multiple content across multiple endpoints
- Manage tags across multiple content
- First Class dependency mapping
- Simplified on-boarding of brownfield environments. No need to provide Infrastructure, Networks, Certificates and License!
- Support for deploying vRealize Automation Windows Machine for IaaS components
- Deploy Template from ISO and leverage customization specs.
- Bulk import data sources from vRealize Network Insight
- Audit Reports
- Bulk Import of vCenter servers.
What’s new Video
Documentation and Links
- Download Link:
- Release Notes:
- Documentation Link: