VMware is announcing the new release of VMware vRealize Suite 2018 today! We’re introducing new enhancements to our industry leading cloud management platform (CMP), helping IT deliver developer-friendly infrastructure from any cloud with secure and consistent operations.
VMware Cloud Management Platform
The speed at which software development innovates only increases over time, and developers have often had to look outside for tools that met their agility needs. Today, developing cloud-native applications in public clouds is driving digital transformation. IT must adapt to stay relevant, and support constantly evolving development tools / frameworks and developer needs, while ensuring enterprise requirements. And, without having to hire an army of subject matter experts to support each new technology flavor of the month!
Many companies have started to embrace hybrid and multi-clouds as the best approach to deliver in this new reality. VMware’s unique digital foundation enables IT to make developers more productive, meet enterprise requirements and have consistent operations across private, hybrid, and public clouds.
We are focused on empowering IT, giving IT teams the tools they need to deliver on their new mandate to support developers, DevOps admins, SREs, and developer-oriented environments across clouds. VMware’s cloud management uniquely delivers on this new mandate. We enable both developer and IT productivity, while meeting enterprise requirements for efficiency, availability and compliance with an integrated portfolio of Application Operations, Programmable Provisioning, and Self-Driving Operations.
- Application Operations enables developers to quickly release, troubleshoot and optimize performance of highly distributed microservice-based cloud applications in real-time.
- Programmable Provisioning helps developers and IT easily access infrastructure and application resources on any cloud through API, a service catalog, or CLI with full lifecycle management.
- Self-Driving Operations helps IT continuously optimize capacity and performance based on operational and business intent.
What’s New in vRealize Suite 2018
The new vRealize Suite 2018 features the major release of vRealize Operations 7.0, vRealize Automation 7.5, vRealize Business for Cloud 7.5, vRealize Log Insight 4.7, and vRealize Suite Lifecyle Manager 2.0, expanding vRealize Suite’s ability to Self-drive and enable Programmable Provisioning and Application Operations.
- vRealize Operations 7.0 – Augmenting what we released in Q1 earlier this year, the Self-Driving Operations is enhanced by platform integrations that automate host-based placement within and across clusters based on business intent. Improvements to the UI, right-sizing workflows, and capacity planning further simplify use, reduce costs and assure performance.
- vRealize Automation 7.5 – With its new UI, vRealize Automation 7.5 is enhanced to support broader developer use cases with new Ansible Tower integration for configuration management, Pivotal Container Service (PKS) integration for Kubernetes cluster management, and NSX-T integration for supporting next generation network virtualization within vRealize Automation. vRealize Automation enables both Programmable Provisioning and Application Operations.
- vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager 2.0 – vRealize Suite 2018 makes private cloud easier to operate and consume with vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager 2.0, which enables a DevOps approach for managing its lifecycle. New features include enhanced certificate management, supporting vRealize Operations content, and simultaneous release of content across the Suite.
- vRealize Business for Cloud 7.5 – Enabling Programmable Provisioning, vRealize Business for Cloud 7.5 supports suite level patching and certificate management, vRealize Business for Cloud 7.5 adds usability enhancements, including simplified mapping of Business controller user with Business Group.
- vRealize Log Insight 4.7 – Also enabling Self-Driving Operations, vRealize Log Insight 4.7 supports suite level patching and certificate management, as well as adding security improvements and usability enhancements.
Comprehensive and Integrated CMP – Closed Loop Optimization
One of the key highlights of vRealize Suite 2018 includes full CMP integration, delivering what we call closed loop optimization. vRealize Operations 7.0 and vRealize Automation 7.5 will feature enhanced integration that further enables continuous and automated workload placement throughout the VM lifecycle – from initial placement and now on-going balancing – to meet utilization and business intent, making private cloud easier to operate and consume.
We’re also simplifying the packaging for vRealize Suite Standard edition. vRealize Operations Advanced will now natively include the private cloud costing capabilities of vRealize Business for Cloud, eliminating the need for the separate vRealize Business for Cloud Standard software. With the streamlined vRealize Suite Standard packaging, users have one less component to install and can perform the costing use cases natively within vRealize Operations.
VMware’s new cloud management platform – vRealize Suite 2018 – helps IT enable developers to build VM and container-based applications in any cloud with secure and consistent operations. To learn more about VMware Cloud Management Platform solutions, visit us online at VMware vRealize Suite. See how you can provide developers a single consistent digital foundation to interact with, so you can focus on supporting developers build and release new/updated applications, not managing the bits and bytes of the cloud.
- Press Release: VMware Expands its Hybrid Cloud Portfolio with New Security and Developer-Friendly Infrastructure and Operations Management
- What’s New vRealize Operations 7.0
- What’s New vRealize Automation 7.5
- What’s New vRealize Log Insight 4.7
2 comments have been added so far