by Rich Bourdeau
The King Abdulaziz City for Science and Technology’s Internet Services Unit (ISU) is responsible for providing networking and compute resources to academic and government institutions in Saudi Arabia. In order to satisfy this demand the ISU was looking to deploy a public cloud designed to meet the needs of their customers. They needed a reliable cloud management platform which was easy to deploy and maintain, but also could configure secure and high performing IT services. They needed to allow each customer to choose the appropriate level of security and network connectivity and have these service configured automatically without human intervention.
- Deliver reliable Infrastructure and application cloud services to academic customers
- Allow customers to choose services and security which meet their needs.
- Configure network and security on-demand without human intervention
- Have the ability to deliver Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) and Software-as-a-service (SaaS)
After evaluating a number of possible alternatives the ISU team chose VMware’s NSX and vRealize Automation. vRealize Automation contains the governance policies, automated workflows, and service catalog needed to support their multi-tenant public cloud. Users requesting IT Services will receive the appropriate networking and security configuration, because vRealize Automation can dynamically configure NSX’s virtual services to meet each customer’s unique requirements.
- Service which use to take 4 days to 3 weeks can now be delivered in under one hour.
- Multi-tiered applications can be provisioned with application centric network and security
- Operations team has more time to spend on new projects
“A complete and secure cloud service was the top priority, VMware has proved to be the trusted partner time and time again to provide compelling and reliable solutions.”
Khaleel K. Al-Jadaan, Deputy Director, Network Operations Manager
“The implementation of cloud services with VMware has given us a great opportunity to lead the market in Saudi Arabia in a growing education and government sector.”
Abdulmajeed Al-Osaimi, Systems and Development Manager
King Abdulaziz City for Science and Technology Case Study
To find out additional information about how The ISU team at King Abdulaziz City for Science and Technology delivered on-demand, to deliver reliable secure cloud services for their customers read the full case study.
- Understand the Savings Possible Download the Forrester Report:
Total Economic Impact of VMware Automated Application Deployment
- Read some vRealize Automation customer case studies
- Active Networks improves IT Service delivery while increasing data center security by leveraging VMware vRealize Automation and NSX
- VMware Enables Rapid Development at SAIC
- VMware-Based Private Cloud Helps Apollo Education Group Accelerate Access to Online Learning
- The Power of VMware vRealize Suite at Choice Hotels
- Try our software in a hosted Hands on Lab
- HOL-SDC-1621 vRealize Automation 101: Application and Infrastructure Delivery and DevOps with Code Stream
- HOL-SDC-1624 VMware NSX and the vRealize Suite
Need help deploying your private cloud infrastructure or developing your business justification? Contact us and our experts can help your team build the business case and the solution that will maximize your IT productivity.