vRealize Suite 7 (announced on February 10, 2016) is an enterprise-ready, cloud management platform (CMP) that delivers the industry’s most complete solution for managing a heterogeneous hybrid cloud. The new release introduces new, simplified packaging with three editions: Standard, Advanced, and Enterprise. A new hybrid licensing model makes it even easier for you to manage vSphere and non-vSphere hypervisors and hybrid cloud workloads. And all the component products within the suite have been refreshed within the last 3 months.
New Use Case-Based Packaging
The most important change in vRealize Suite is probably the way it is repackaged around the key three use cases that customers are solving with the CMP. We now have three editions, each implementing a specific use case:
- vRealize Suite 7 Standard Edition – implements Intelligent Operations Management: Enables IT teams to proactively address health, performance and capacity management of IT services across heterogeneous and hybrid cloud environments in order to improve IT service performance and availability.
- vRealize Suite 7 Advanced Edition – implements Automated IT to Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS): Enables IT teams to automate the delivery and ongoing management of IT infrastructure in order to reduce the time it takes to respond to requests for IT resources by providing self-service access to those resources by IT and business users.
- vRealize Suite 7 Enterprise Edition – implements DevOps-ready IT: Enables IT teams to build a cloud for development teams that can deliver a complete application stack; support developer choice in the form of both API and GUI access to resources; and provision resources across a hybrid cloud. IT can further extend the solution scope by addressing continuous delivery with VMware vRealize Code Stream™ to further speed up application delivery
New Features: Portable Hybrid Licensing
Another big change is the support for hybrid cloud deployment from the start through full license portability across multi-vendor on premise resources and supported public clouds. What it means to you is that, whatever license you hold, you can manage any hypervisor (vSphere or not), on premise on in any of the supported public clouds, such as (but not limited to) Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, IBM Cloud Services (formerly SoftLayer), and of course our own vCloud Air and vCloud Air Partner Network (vCAN).
New Features in vRealize Suite 7.0 Component Products
In addition to the new packaging and portable hybrid licensing, vRealize Suite 7 brings in the powerful new features across all of its component products. Here are only a few of the key new features – check out vRealize product pages for more drill down!
vRealize Automation 7.0.1
- Simplified deployment architecture.
- Ability to create an infrastructure and application blueprint in a single design canvas.
- Out-of-the-box, enhanced support for VMware’s industry leading NSX network management solution.
vRealize Operations 6.2
- Improved support for intelligent workload placement.
vRealize Log Insight 3.3.1
- Improved integration of 3rd party applications.
- Improved upgrade process for server side agents.
vRealize Business for Cloud 7.0.1
- Enhanced capabilities that allow users to better compare workload placement options across private and public clouds.
- Increased reporting capabilities, including better infrastructure service consumption reporting.