It may seem like VMworld 2015 (both San Francisco and Barcelona) was just yesterday, but the reality is that we are already actively preparing for the next one: VMworld 2016. There are couple of changes: 1) the America’s one will take place in Las Vegas; and 2) call for papers is open much sooner this year, don’t miss it!
This year call for papers closes on April 12 – make sure you submit on time.
At VMworld 2016, contrary to the common saying what happens in Vegas will not stay in Vegas but will go a long way. Las Vegas is a perfect place to have fun while doing a lot of business! So, submit a session on Cloud Management If you:
- Have built a strong expertise in one or more Cloud Management-related technical or business topics, and want to share your experience with the world
- Feeling stuck in your cubicle (or corner office) and want to get out and play
- Dislike anything “hardware” and love the pure, clean, predictable software-defined world
- Gain energy from the “virtually-inclined” crowd of “cloud-minded” professionals like yourself
A few things to keep in mind when submitting your paper for VMworld 2016:
- The management-focused track is under SDDC, and that’s where you submit everything related to vRealize Suite or individual products: vRealize Automation, vRealize Operations, vRealize Log Insight, vRealize Business, vRealize Code Stream, etc.
- Separate from SDDC, there is also Cloud Infrastructure track that will have some focus on vSOM
- There is a “TED Talk” format for sessions that don’t have enough content for a full 50 minutes, but are compelling, and they are called Quick Talks. They are 20 minutes long, and will be selected upon general merit of their content
- Make sure that the session you submit is just how you want it to be represented. You can start the submission, and then save the submission for later. Please get the session in by the 12th.
- Descriptive titles work better than very complex titles. Keep your title succinct, and meaningful.