The vSphere Optimization Assessment is a tool that can help you optimize your vSphere environment, and help you save 30% on your CPU, memory and storage costs. The concept of the vSphere Optimization Assessment(Sometimes called VOA) is very similar to our standard evaluations/trials – you download the bits and install them in your environment for the trial period. However, this is an “enhanced” evaluation because in addition to the above, it also delivers a set of highly insightful reports that provide actionable data around health of your overall configuration, capacity utilization and performance bottlenecks. During the first 30 days of installation, you will receive a series of analytic reports about your vSphere environment’s configuration, performance, and capacity. Some examples are:
- Identify misconfigured clusters, hosts and VMs.
- Identify performance problems and their root causes.
- Reclaim underutilized CPU, memory and disk space.
vSphere Optimization Assessment: How to Get Started
To get started, just follow a few simple steps!
- Login/Register: To download the FREE enhanced evaluation software, you will need to log in to your MyVMware account. If you don’t have an account, registering is easy and free as well.
- Download / Install: It takes a few minutes to download the bits. Next is to install and run the vSphere Optimization Assessment software.
- Run Diagnostics / Monitor Reports: Once the software is installed, it will continue to collect intelligence for the next 30 days. Watch for emails on days 1, 5, 10, 21, 23, 28 and 30 that guide you through specific configuration, performance and capacity improvements. This is seriously good and powerful data! Check out some sample reports here.
This tool is designed to help you troubleshoot your system for anomalies efficiently and effectively. So let it do the heavy lifting for you and download the vSphere Optimization Assessment now.