See how VMware vCloud Automation Center and Infoblox IPAM accelerate the delivery of IT infrastructure and applications
By Rich Bourdeau
Many companies use Infoblox IP address Management (IPAM) to manage their IP addresses and DNS host records. A year ago InfoBlox released a vCenter Orchestrator plug-in to allow IP Addresses and DNS host records to be automatically assigned from vCloud Automation Center as part of provisioning a new machine or application. This integration has simplified and accelerated the end to end provisioning, and lifecycle manage for our customers.
What You Will Learn
During this webinar you’ll see how to use vCloud Automation Center with Trinzic DDI to automatically provision and deprovision virtual-machine IP addresses in minutes. You’ll also get a chance to hear from a customer deploying Infoblox and VMware solutions in a production environment reaping significant operational benefits. In addition you will get a look at some upcoming enhancements to this integration which will be available soon.
Date: Tuesday, August 19, 2014
Time: 10am PDT (1pm EDT / 7pm CET)
Peter Rizk, Director of Technical Marketing Infoblox
Rich Bourdeau, Marketing Director, VMware
New and Improved Capabilities
The new version of the Infoblox IPAM VCO Plugin for vCloud Automation Center is available now and contains the following new capabilities:
- Complete rewrite of the plug-in to use the REST API to communicate with NIOS (requires Infoblox NIOS 6.10.2 and above)
- Full support for DNS Views and Network Views (the #1 feature requested by most of our enterprise customers)
- Full support for Extensible Attributes (ex. the ability to add an IP address and DNS host record to a VM based on meta data such as Country, State, Building, etc)
- A vCAC Network Profile is no longer needed (i.e. all the IPAM info including router, subnet mask, WINS, etc will be provided by NIOS)
- Support for A/AAAA/PTR record
- Support for multiple Grid Managers (i.e. the user can select a default Grid manager or select which Grid manager to connect to at run time)
- Two custom workflows especially designed for vCAC (to enable the above functionalities)
- Improved error handling and logging
- And much more!
You can download the IPAM plug-in today from this link:
(you need to register before you can download the plug-in). The plug-in works with vCO version 5.1 and 5.5, supports vCAC 5.x and 6.0, as well as vCD 5.1 and 5.5
Don’t forget to try this Integration out at the VMworld Hands on Labs
- SPL-PRT-1468 – Infoblox – Automate your cloud with vCAC 6.0 and Infoblox IPAM
This and other vCenter Orchestrator plug-ins that work with vCloud Automation Center can be found in the Cloud Management Marketplace on VMware’s Solutions Exchange.
Need help deploying your private cloud infrastructure or developing your business justification? Contact us and our experts can help your team build the business case and the solution that will maximize your IT productivity.