With all the sessions going on at any one time at VMworld, how do you decide how to make the most of your most precious asset—your time? Read on for guidance on how to make the most out of your time.
If you need help troubleshooting and proactively managing virtualization or cloud performance, consider:
- THE SPOTLIGHT SESSION on Log Insight. Monday, 3:30-4:30
- Troubleshooting at Cox with Log Insight and vC Ops.
Tuesday, 11:30-12:30 VCM5034
- Tips & Tricks with Log Insight (cool, new product for root cause analysis).
Tuesday, 4:00-5:00 VCM4528
- How to Troubleshoot VM Performance Issues Across Apps, Infra, & Storage.
Wednesday, 2:30-3:30 VCM5169
If you want to automate provisioning and provide your users with fast, on-demand access to applications, consider:
- From Virtualization to Cloud: How Automation Drives Agility (the state of the union on vCAC –from the head of product management).
Monday, 12:30-1:30 VCM 5269
- VMware & Puppet: How to Plan, Deploy & Manage Modern Apps (because you need to know how VMware & Puppet work together).
Tuesday, 5:30 – 6:30 VCM5271
- Getting Started with vCenter Orchestrator (free IT process automation, need I say more?).
Monday, 5:00-6:00 VCM4875
- Provisioning and Managing a Heterogeneous Cloud with vCAC (worth staying ‘til Thursday for).
Thursday, 10:30-11:30 VCM5148
If you want help deploying and managing your self-service datacenter, consider:
- Building the Management Stack for your SDDC. Bernd Harzog of the Virtualization Practices gives you his take (not VMware’s) on what you need to do.
Monday, 5:00-6:00 VCM4869
If you simply can wait or want to plan wisely, consider attending these sessions for a tech preview:
- What’s new in vC Ops with Jai Malkani – he’s the director of product management and a long time VMware employee who can tell you what to expect in Q4.
Tuesday, 4:00-5:00 VCM5781
- Tech Preview: Cloud Business Management – shhh, it’s a look at the newest way to cost cloud services and make smarter decisions on where to place services in the cloud. And, best of all – no spreadsheets!
Tuesday, 2:00 -3:00 VCM4885
- Practical Real World Reporting (deep dive into the new reporting capabilities in vC Ops).
Wednesday 2:30-3:30 VCM5009
And, finally, don’t miss the lessons learned in the trenches. What are your peers doing?
- FEDEX – How to customize vC Ops.
Monday, 12:30-1:30 VCM5100
- VMware IT – On vC Ops and vCAC.
Monday, 2:00-3:00 VCM4952
- Carefusion – Deploying Operations at Scale.
Monday, 5:30-6:30 VCM5845
- BOEING – How to Manage vSphere and Hybrid Cloud (vC Ops).
Tuesday, 11:30-12:30 VCM5811
- University of New Mexico—IaaS case study with vCAC.
Tuesday, 5:30-6:30 VCM5114
- Covance – Ensuring Clinical Trial Patient Safety with vC Ops.
Tuesday 5:30pm VCM5577
- Apollo – IaaS case study with vCAC.
For a full list of Cloud Management sessions (vCAC, vC Ops, Log Insight, ITBM) check out the Schedule at a Glance for Virtualization and Cloud Management.
Pre-register using the schedule builder as several of the sessions are nearly at capacity. You can also comment on your favorite picks and speakers.