VMware is pleased to announce a new partnership between VMware Workspace ONE and Google Workspace! We are bringing together industry-leading unified endpoint management (UEM), productivity, and collaboration tools to help organizations enable their employees to safely work from anywhere, on any device. Google Workspace is also announcing a partnership with Okta, a current VMware integration partner, to provide leading identity management capabilities. Read the full announcement here.
We have a rich history of working with Google to solve end-user computing challenges for customers. Together with multiple Google teams (notably Android Enterprise and ChromeOS) we have brought meaningful innovations to market and helped customers navigate the rapidly changing enterprise IT landscape. This collaborative work has been critical to the evolution of our Workspace ONE platform and the broader UEM segment. Now we are excited to pursue continued growth with the Google Workspace team.
With more than three billion global users, Google Workspace (formerly known as G-Suite) is a cloud-native communication and collaboration suite that includes popular apps such as Gmail, Drive, Meet, Docs, and Sheets. Organizations leverage Google Workspace to provide safer work by delivering these apps with cloud-native, Zero Trust architecture that utilizes threat detection, contextual access controls, and data loss prevention capabilities.
Through our partnership, we offer customers a dynamic, comprehensive workspace solution by combining the productivity and collaboration capabilities of Google Workspace with the UEM and digital employee experience management (DEEM) capabilities of Workspace ONE. IT admins will be able to use Workspace ONE to manage hybrid work needs across users, apps, and endpoints: onboarding, configuration, OS updates, app management, and support. Intelligence-based insights and automations make it easy for IT to perform actions for efficiency and remediation, allowing employees to enjoy simple and secure access to Google Workspace apps along with other corporate resources on the endpoints they choose.
At the same time, organizations have the flexibility to choose solutions from best-of-breed ecosystem partners and are not limited to a single vendor. And, because both Workspace ONE and Google Workspace are cloud-native platforms, we are able to help organizations overcome many legacy system limitations and add significant value for those looking to avoid the burden of heavy on-premises investments.
In summary, with VMware Workspace ONE and Google Workspace working together, organizations will be able to:
- Enable safer work from anywhere, on any device. Employees will be able to work from anywhere, on any device, and securely access Google Workspace apps and other tools they need to stay productive.
- Strengthen their Zero Trust Security posture. Organizations will be able to improve their Zero Trust maturity and reduce the risks of data breaches. Google Workspace includes threat defenses powered by Google AI and industry-leading data security, as rated by Forrester. Workspace ONE includes robust device management and continuous assessment. Each is reviewed against the highest level of compliance, particularly for government agencies with FedRAMP and Department of Defense certifications.
- Simplify IT administration. Workspace ONE simplifies IT management by providing a single pane of glass for managing all of an organization’s endpoints, users, and apps — including Google Workspace apps. The amount of time required of IT admins is reduced by automating common processes and streamlining complex workflows for device onboarding, app deployment, and desired state management.
- Reduce licensing and operational costs. Avoid the burden of large on-premises investments with the cloud-native infrastructure and flexibility of VMware Workspace ONE and Google Workspace.
- Avoid vendor lock-in. Customers are not beholden to a single vendor and have the flexibility to choose the solutions they want across VMware Workspace ONE, Google Workspace, and Okta.
To learn more about how VMware Workspace ONE and Google Workspace can help your organization improve its security posture, provide delightful collaboration and productivity experiences, and realize cost savings, please visit https://workspace.google.com/security or reach out to your VMware or Google Workspace representative.