This post was updated in March 2021.
End-user adoption is an essential step in realizing the full value of your Workspace ONE deployment, but can often be the last thing considered when preparing. To make sure your users get the full benefit of Workspace ONE, you need to create an end-user adoption strategy to engage employees through careful messaging, education, training and promotion.
We are here to help! VMware has created a campaign-in-a-box that includes pre-made customizable templates, best practices, schedules and ideas to launch your own integrated campaign and start driving adoption and engagement with the Workspace ONE platform immediately.
The Workspace ONE End-User Adoption Kit is available to you today! Let’s walk through how to get started.
Step 1: Review the Workspace ONE End-User Adoption Guide
Get started with the Workspace ONE End-User Adoption Guide. This guide walks you through a sample two-month campaign and the five areas to consider as you are creating your adoption plan:
- Plan – Establish a core team of early adopters and key influencers, define your success criteria and outline your strategy.
- Communicate – Outline your communication plan, channels and champions. Strategic communication is an important aspect of successful adoption.
- Educate – Create/customize assets that educate your user base on the changes and benefits that they should expect in a user training.
- Promote – Get creative with ways to keep your campaign top of mind for all employees.
- Monitor and Support – Update any educational materials and utilize office hours or a help desk for employee support as needed.
Here’s an example of a sample two-month campaign template, below. Everything highlighted in green, is available as a template in the Workspace ONE End User Adoption Kit.
Step 2: Choose Your Adoption Kit
We have created different kits, that include pre-written internal communication and educational assets to help get your started. All kits include email templates, FAQs, enrollment guides, promotional posters, web banners and a YouTube playlist, designed for you to easily customize or use as is within your organization.
- Digital Workspace Experience – This kit focuses on the full platform experience. Users will start with Intelligent Hub, which will be their access point for Horizon and the productivity apps (Boxer, Notebook, Content, Web).
- BYOD – This kit focuses on privacy for users getting started with Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub on their personal devices.
- Horizon – This kit focuses on enabling users to get started using Horizon.
Workspace ONE User Zone Website
As a part of the kit, we have created an end-user focused website, https://whatisworkspaceone.com, to help educate your employees. On this website, users will find tips, tricks, videos and other training material on each of the employee productivity apps, as well as a page dedicated to end-user privacy to help eliminate concerns around using their personal devices for Workspace ONE access. This website is a great place to direct employees to learn more about Workspace ONE and the other productivity apps offered and see exactly how the apps can be used, showing the benefits of each app before they even download.
Check out the Workspace ONE User Zone Website Here
Step 3: Get Started!
You now have the tools and resources to jump into planning your adoption strategy and user adoption training. Think about the benefits to your end-users, edit the adoption kit assets to showcase those benefits and start your two-month campaign!
But don’t stop there. Check out “The Digital Workspace Requires New Success KPIs” to learn about the employee adoption KPIs that will help you measure, communicate and realize value of your EUC projects.
If you have any questions or feedback on the Workspace ONE Adoption Kit, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Access the Workspace ONE End User Adoption Kit Here
This article was originally published in May 2018, and updated in March 2021.