VMware Named a Leader in 2019-2020 IDC MarketScape Reports for Both EMM and UEM
We’re happy to announce VMware has been named a LEADER in two recent IDC vendor assessments related to the end-user computing (EUC) space—the IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Enterprise Mobility Management Software 2019-2020 Vendor Assessment and the IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Unified Endpoint Management Software 2019-2020 Vendor Assessment. This marks our third year in a row being positioned as a Leader in both!
According to the IDC MarketScape, UEM is an inevitability in most enterprises. In this year’s UEM report, they noted IT buyers should look for UEM providers that are scalable and cloud-based with a strong portfolio, robust capabilities across all platforms (including mobile devices, laptops and PCs and Chrome OS endpoints), security integrations, intelligence and analytics, BYO support, and conditional access controls.
Workspace ONE has broadened its support for a range of endpoint operating systems beyond mobile. VMware’s AirLift component of Workspace ONE is a PC management migration tool, which allows users to migrate PC management configurations and settings (such as Group Policy Objects and applications currently managed in other in PCLM platforms) to VMware’s UEM/modern management framework. Workspace ONE also has strong capabilities for supporting modern management of macOS, including migrating traditional imaging- and script-based Mac management to UEM. Chrome OS management is another UEM strongpoint with a range of policy and security capabilities as well as kiosk/COSU setup for Chrome devices.
Over the past year, VMware has continued to deliver new and innovative solutions that differentiate our Workspace ONE product family with a breadth of advanced modern management capabilities across all platforms, including Windows, macOS, Chrome OS, iOS, Android and Linux. Some of our top innovations include:
• Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub digital concierge services, including an AI virtual assistant, powered by IBM Watson Assistant, that employees can interact with to access organization-specific resources or complete numerous IT- and HR-related tasks.
• Digital Employee Experience Management, which enables IT to proactively detect and automatically remediate potential device and app issues, that might impact EX, based on real-time telemetry from Workspace ONE UEM, Workspace ONE Intelligence, and Apteligent.
• Expanded remote support capabilities with Workspace ONE Assist (formerly called Workspace ONE Advanced Remote Management), which empowers IT and help desk staff to remote view or control Android, iOS, Windows and macOS devices, directly from the Workspace ONE console, while maintaining employee privacy and trust.
• Full modern management of Windows 10 PCs with out-of-the-box onboarding, full GPO and MDM API support, granular over-the-air patching and CVE-based vulnerability assessments, modern cloud-based and Peer-to-Peer software distribution, Win32 app management, and Workspace ONE AirLift connector for co-management alongside Microsoft SCCM.
• Modern management of Mac OS that streamlines onboarding and configuration via Apple Deployment Programs, a native Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub app and complete native app and patch lifecycle management for Mac devices.
• Scalable support for Chrome OS and Android, including support for organizations migrating from Android’s legacy management approach to Android Enterprise, as well as kiosk/COSU setup for Chrome devices.
• Scalable support for ruggedized devices (such as mobile computers and handheld barcode scanners) and workspace IoT technologies (like wearables, digital signage and single-purpose devices).
• Zero trust security with expanded security ecosystem integrations and open Trust Network APIs for third party EDR/EPP and MTD solutions like Carbon Black, CrowdStrike, Microsoft ATP and others.
To access an excerpt of the “IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Unified Endpoint Management Software 2019–2020 Vendor Assessment” (Doc #US45355119, November 2019) report, click here.
Source: IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Unified Endpoint Management Software 2019-2020 Vendor Assessment, Phil Hochmuth, November 25, 2019.