VMware and Microsoft are working together to enable customers’ rapid move to modern management solutions that are built on cloud intelligence; and automate Windows 10 management tasks to help IT spend their precious time in the most impactful ways.
Today, I am excited to introduce new integrations to enable modern management and intelligence for mutual customers on Windows 10 devices. This shows continuing momentum of our partnership announcements at Dell Technologies World 2019.
Driving Modern Management for Windows 10
Building on Microsoft’s announcement of Microsoft Endpoint Manager yesterday at Ignite 2019, today we are announcing that VMware will partner with Microsoft to develop a new solution where Workspace ONE will build value on top of Microsoft Endpoint Manager for management of Windows 10 devices. We are calling this solution “VMware Workspace ONE for Microsoft Endpoint Manager.” This will become VMware’s recommended solution for our mutual Workspace ONE and Microsoft Endpoint Manager customers to manage Windows 10 devices. VMware will also provide migration assistance to these customers to adopt this new integrated solution once available.
“Windows 10 is seeing tremendous growth in the enterprise, and we continue to transform this modern OS via new cloud services in Microsoft 365. This partnership with VMware benefits our joint customers who will be able to leverage Workspace ONE for Microsoft Endpoint Manager to enable modern management and deliver great device experiences.” – Brad Anderson, Corporate Vice President, Microsoft 365, Microsoft
With the integration, customers can take advantage of Workspace ONE’s digital workspace platform with modern management for the Windows desktop and data and cloud insights built on top of Microsoft Endpoint Manager. Workspace ONE will continue to deliver to customers enterprise-ready services, including multi-platform management depth, unified app catalog experience, Intelligence analytics and automation, multi-tenancy, industry-leading VDI and apps, and a zero-trust security framework.
In the first phase, VMware will focus on maximizing employee experiences, and Workspace ONE for Microsoft Endpoint Manager customers will get access to:
• Unique employee onboarding experiences for Windows 10 devices, with Workspace ONE enabling customers to spur excitement and build brand loyalty with employees from the moment they start new jobs.
• Employee engagement with Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub – a digital workspace “hub” for company information, actionable notifications, and self-service consumption of all enterprise services and apps, including customers’ Microsoft Endpoint Manager-managed apps.
• Delightful employee experiences with VMware’s cross-platform Digital Employee Experience Management, and Workspace ONE Assist remote support to address issues impacting the workspace – i.e., devices, OS, apps, network, etc.
• Simplified and secure access to all applications – residing either in the cloud or behind-the-firewall powered by Workspace ONE Tunnel, Unified Access Gateway, and NSX technologies.
Specific details will follow but we expect a preview to be available early 2020, with general availability towards the middle of 2020. Once available, customers get to enjoy these benefits in addition to the enhancements that VMware will be continuously rolling out as part of previous announcements at Dell Technologies World 2019:
• Horizon Cloud on Azure supporting Windows Virtual Desktop to drive advanced collaboration across the workspace (tech preview quartering Q4 FY20)
• Conditional Access for Microsoft 365 apps and services via Workspace ONE and integration with Microsoft Endpoint Manager and Azure Active Directory Premium across BYO use cases(tech preview in Q4 FY20)
• Microsoft Teams support to drive advanced collaboration across the workspace (tech preview in first half of 2020)
• Microsoft Security Baselines for Windows 10 (both MDM and GPO) available as turnkey templates within Workspace ONE, including the ability to audit these baselines to protect against policy drift (general availability this quarter)
We are thrilled about this momentous partnership and the value these new integrations will bring to every customer looking to drive digital transformation and positively impact the way we work. This is our first step, and over the next few years, Microsoft and VMware will continue this partnership with Workspace ONE building more value on top of Microsoft 365 cloud services.