VMware Named a Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Unified Endpoint Management, Q4 2018
We are pleased to let our customers know that VMware has been named a Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Unified Endpoint Management, Q4 2018. In the new report, VMware’s intelligence-driven digital workspace platform, VMware Workspace ONE, achieved the highest possible score in the market presence category, as well as the product vision, commitment to innovation, and partner ecosystem criteria.
In the report, Forrester noted about VMware:
“Over the past year, VMware has invested heavily in helping customers embrace modern management for Windows 10 with its Workspace ONE product. The solution’s differentiated AirLift feature automates migration of SCCM collections, devices, and app packages to Workspace ONE. It excels in [identity and access management], with features like single sign-on (SSO) to the Workspace ONE app and support for dozens of conditional access policies.”
You can access the full report here.
As alluded to, Workspace ONE provides complete modern management of Windows 10 and macOS PCs. In fact, VMware has invested significantly in supporting and extending the native Win10 management APIs to fill in gaps with traditional network-based methods like SCCM to enable complete modern management from the cloud:
- Full support for native Out of the Box Enrollment (OOBE) and Windows Autopilot, as well as Dell Provisioning for Workspace ONE that enables pre-install of Windows 10 apps in the Dell factory so users are productive at first boot. Plus, over-the-air enrollment without requiring AzureAD Premium.
- Configuration of device policies with 100% support for native MDM policies (called Configuration Service Providers or CSPs) and uniquely 100% support for Group Policy Objects (GPOs) to ensure no policies are left behind. Pre-canned, editable Benchmarks (i.e., CIS, HIPAA) make it easy to get started with modern policies.
- Enterprise grade software distribution that supports UWP apps from Microsoft Store for Business as well as your Win32 apps (EXE, ZIP, MSI, etc.) from a single Win10 app catalog. Software can be distributed via CDN optimized delivery or Peer to Peer distribution at remote offices.
- Real-time patch and update management from the cloud with integration to Windows Update Service and legacy WSUS
- Full lifecycle BitLocker encryption management, including key escrow, rotation, and self service recovery
- New AirLift is an SCCM connector that automatically migrates SCCM collections, clients and applications to Workspace ONE, speeding the journey modern management
Similarly, Workspace ONE supports complete macOS lifecycle management with a mobile-optimized, low touch model that reduce IT cost while provide best user experience for Mac users!
- Imageless provisioning through Apple DEP and bootstrap packages
- Complete policy and update management over the air
- Native macOS software application distribution
- Single macOS app catalog that enables identity-based SSO to all app types: macOS, cloud, internal, virtual Win32 apps
- FileVault encryption management and full certificate management (PKI)
- Native per app VPN for secure behind the firewall communication
As organizations of all industries and sizes continue to increase heterogeneity, they continue to look at breaking down management silos and consolidating management tools to single UEM platform. VMware continues to listen to our customers and drive Workspace ONE innovation that helps IT speed and de-risk their journeys to modern management and the digital workspace experience.