At Oktane18 and VMworld US 2018 VMware and Okta announced a partnership that would help accelerate the journey to the digital workspace for our customers. By integrating Okta’s best in class Identity Management solution with VMware’s best in class Unified Endpoint Management solution customers will be able to deliver secure, seamless access to the applications they need from any location on any device.
Okta and VMware Workspace ONE
So now that we find ourselves at another milestone event, VMworld 2018 Europe, it’s time to reveal that the integrations that were announced earlier this year are now generally available and that in the continuation of this partnership, new integrations are being announced and will be available in beta from November 12.
The new integrations streamline both the user and the administrative experience when using the combination of Okta and Workspace ONE.
Lets start with improvements to the user experience:
- Password lifecycle management including password change, password reset and expired password workflows are now available for Workspace ONE from the Okta sign in screen. Users can self-service reset passwords for both Okta and Workspace ONE from a single screen keeping the experience intuitive
- Users can enroll into multi-factor authentication for Workspace ONE and Okta applications from the Okta sign in screen
- The conditional access process now only displays the Okta screen for an improved user experience.
And let’s not forget IT:
- Multiple Okta applications can be added to Workspace ONE in a single workflow. With over 5000 integrations available within the Okta Integration Network, this workflow can greatly simplify the administration experience
- Policy, application configuration, entitlement and user synchronization available through a single Okta UI
In addition to deeper product integrations, Okta is also announcing exclusive pricing for Workspace ONE customers. More information can be found at www.okta.com/partners/vmware/workspace-one.
To request access to the beta, organizations can complete the form found here.
You can find more information on the integration including a customer conversation with Adobe here.