Today we are excited to announce the general availability of VMware Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub! Existing AirWatch Agent customers will see branding updates on iOS, Android, macOS, and Windows. New features will be available on iOS and Android.
What is Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub?
Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub brings together support for BYOD and corporate-owned devices into a single, streamlined app experience for the entire employee lifecycle, from onboarding to day-1 productivity, and beyond. Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub builds on the success of the Workspace ONE app and AirWatch Agent driving employee satisfaction.
The Intelligent Hub App Rollout
Workspace ONE UEM customers will see in the Apple App Store and Google Play Store that AirWatch Agent has been replaced by the Intelligent Hub app. New users may download and install the Intelligent Hub app from these stores* on their devices, or you can simply inform your end users to go to GetWSONE.com which will redirect to the correct store for their device or download for macOS or Windows 10 desktop.
Your existing AirWatch Agent end users with auto-update enabled will begin seeing automatic updates on their device over the next week as the gradual rollout of Intelligent Hub takes place worldwide. The AirWatch Agent icon will have a new app name and icon.
The Intelligent Hub app update is non-disruptive, meaning:
- 100% support for existing AirWatch Agent functionality
- Existing UEM Console settings and configurations can remain unchanged
- AirWatch Agent end users will see no difference in functionality other than a new app icon and name
Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub Capabilities
No matter where you may be on your digital transformation journey, Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub empowers you to provide the appropriate next generation end-user experience all within a single app.
Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub delivers these different functional capabilities based on the services you choose to enable. In the Core Management scenario, Intelligent Hub is set up only with Workspace ONE UEM on-premises or cloud; In the Integrated Hub catalog scenario, cloud-based Hub Services provide a native mobile app catalog; And in the Transformed scenario, Hub Services are combined with cloud-based VMware Identity Manager services and deliver a unified app catalog plus advanced authentication and access policy.
There are so many exciting features in the all-new Intelligent Hub app end user experience. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Streamlined end-user enrollment: All enrollment scenarios feature a sleek and modern UI for the Intelligent Hub app.
- Built-in Hub App Catalog: UEM administrators can curate and drive end-user adoption with app promotions, new apps, custom app categories, and more. It’s easier than ever for end-users to find work apps.
- App Ratings and Feedback: The new Hub Catalog allows end users to share likes or dislikes for apps to help steer their peers. End users also now have a direct path to line-of-business app owners via feedback links.
- Home Tab: On-the-go users can easily access an UEM administrator initiated customizable link from within Intelligent Hub.
- Integrated People: With the addition of Identity Services, the Intelligent Hub app enables end users to lookup anyone in their organization, see their organization chart and send messages in one click via native mail or Workspace ONE– Boxer.
- New App Notifications: Increase productivity with alerts for end users when they receive a new app entitlement – administrators can also send customer notifications of their choosing using Workspace ONE APIs.
We’re very excited about Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub! To learn more:
- Day 1 guides – visit Intelligent Hub product support on My.WorkspaceONE.com
- Feature overview – see the Workspace ONE product page on VMware.com.
* All users may not be able to download the Intelligent Hub app right away due to Google’s phased rollout in the Google Play Store.