Join Brian Madden for an EUC Community Tech Talks & Beer Evening During VMworld Europe
Next week during VMworld Europe, I’ll be hosting a two-hour evening EUC community event focused on short (15-20min) Workspace ONE and Horizon related tech talks from members of the community. It will take place at the Fira Gran Via on Tuesday, Nov 6, from 6:00-8:00PM. (So you still have time for a nice dinner afterward.) We will have beer.
This event is free, however, space is limited, so you’ll need to register ahead of time.
EUC Community at VMworld
I’m hosting this event because I want a chance for the EUC geeks attending VMworld to get a chance to gather and talk about EUC-type things. (Think of this has a light version of how BriForum got started back in the day.)
While VMworld is awesome, I feel like only 10% of the audience (and the sessions and vendors) care about EUC, so it can be hard to find people to talk to who share the same interests.
This event won’t have the same restrictions as VMworld sessions. In other words, no slides have to be pre-approved, people can talk about whatever vendors they want (or really whatever they want in general), and the whole evening will be a bit more casual than VMworld itself.
Since I’m new to VMware, we figured we’d try this as an experiment and see how it goes, then (hopefully) do something EUC focused and bigger next year? (Actually, we can discuss this at the event, over beers.) We had a great event in Las Vegas a few months ago and we’re hoping for an encore in Barcelona.
We have a great line up of speakers (who will speak for 15-20 min each), but if you’d like to speak as well, send me your idea via email, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Speakers & topics so far include:
- Johan van Amersfoort,” Pushing the limits of vGPU and Blast Extreme: building a VDI for multiplayer gaming!”
- Benny Tritsch, “How to measure end-user experience in a modern workplace – using REX Analytics in VMware Horizon”
- Fabian Lenz, “Something Something Windows 10 VDI Something”
- Michael Wilmsen, “How-to design a 5000-user high-performance Horizon environment”
- Huib Dijkstra, “Don’t just build any digital workspace, build one with some bite!”
- Jens Henning, “How to create a successful POC for Workspace ONE”
- Mark Plettenberg, “Tuning Windows 10 1809 for VDI”
We’ll be sure to leave time for interactivity and time to discuss how we should evolve this event in the future. Thanks to everyone speaking and attending. See you next week!
Event Information (Attendance is free, pre-registration is required)