After years of building workloads and processes into SCCM, the transition to modern management is nothing short of daunting. That’s why VMware is so excited to introduce Workspace ONE AirLift. AirLift – a server-side connector for ConfigMgr and Workspace ONE – enables a progressive approach to implementation that can meet you wherever you are on your modern-management journey. You can use AirLift to:
- Facilitate co-management with Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (ConfigMgr, also known as SCCM)
- Simplify high-pain-point PCLM tasks such as onboarding, patching, and software distribution
- Move to modern management without forcing prohibitive and costly OS and management tool upgrade
By allowing SCCM and Workspace ONE to co-manage the same device, customers are no longer required to make a binary transition from one platform to the other. Instead, co-existence with SCCM enables customers to prioritize and migrate (aka “AirLift”) iteratively the high pain PC management workloads to a more cost-efficient and secure cloud-based modern management model with Workspace ONE.
Workspace ONE Airlift Technical Overview
Workspace ONE AirLift is a server-side connector for ConfigMgr and Workspace ONE. It helps you find the ConfigMgr-managed collections and endpoints that are best suited for modern management. Then, it helps you pull their configuration data out of SCCM, and surface it in Workspace One.
Watch the following technical overview to gain a better understanding of AirLift’s capabilities:
Want to keep learning about Workspace ONE AirLift? Then check out the resources listed below.
- For more detailed technical information, and demos of the new features see Introducing VMware Workspace ONE AirLift.
- To walk through these configurations in a test enviroment, take the hands-on-lab.
- To try out these configurations in your own environment, check out the modern management operational tutorial.