What’s New in Workspace ONE UEM 9.5 & Workspace ONE Intelligence
Management & Security Enhancements in UEM 9.5 + Intelligence Updates
The latest updates and features for Workspace ONE UEM 9.5 are now available! This release’s highlights are: simplified license management for Apple VPP, distribution enhancements for Android apps, automated onboarding, and security improvements for Windows 10.
Simplified License Management for Apple
To reduce confusion about license usage, Workspace ONE UEM 9.5 now supports location token data from Apple. This backend change enables accurate license tracking for VPP Apple School and Business Manager accounts migrated to tokens.
App Distribution Enhancements for Android
Now, internal Android apps can be hosted on the managed Google Play Store and distributed as public apps. Upload Internal apps in the Workspace ONE UEM Console and:
- Specify which users and/ or devices should receive an alpha, beta, or production version
- Allow alpha and beta version to co-exist with production without impacting the user productivity
Automated Workspace ONE Setup for Windows 10
Now, during agent-based onboarding, Workspace ONE automatically installs and configures. This means you no longer need to integrate with the Microsoft Store for Business to deploy the Workspace ONE app.
Enhanced Security for Windows 10
All communications from MDM server and OMADM client will follow the MDM Channel Security settings set in the UEM Console. This provides additional security for communication from Workspace ONE UEM to Windows 10 devices.
- Windows 10 1709+
Workspace ONE Intelligence Updates
We’re excited to announce the public availability of three new Workspace ONE Intelligence features!
- New! Battery Metrics for Android, Dell and Zebra – Use these metrics, assembled from historical data, to predict battery failure, remediate issues, and automate replacement.
- New! Automation Logs in the Intelligence Console – Access log files to simplify the troubleshooting of automation issues.
- New! Security Risk Dashboard – Gain an at-a-glance understanding of how many devices are at risk of an attack as assessed by VMware.