Secure iOS Devices with VMware Workspace ONE & Cisco Security Connector
With 82% of the work done on mobile taking place on an Apple iOS device, there’s no doubt that iOS plays a major role in the enterprise. Fortunately, VMware’s multi-year partnership with Apple has supported organizations managing and securing Apple iOS devices with VMware Workspace ONE. The Workspace ONE platform, powered by AirWatch unified endpoint management technology, integrates with many other security solutions in the Mobile Security Alliance and Workspace ONE Trust Network. Using these integrations, organizations can further enhance security and management of their apps and devices, enabling a true digital workspace. Now, a recent partnership with Cisco enables Workspace ONE to expand its iOS security capabilities through integration. Through this partnership, organizations can use Workspace ONE to deploy the Cisco Security Connector app.
What is the Cisco Security Connector?
Late last year, Cisco announced the availability of the Cisco Security Connector app for iOS. This app offers greater compliance and protection for organizations with employees who work on iOS devices.
The Cisco Security Connector App:
- Provides visibility into network traffic generated by iOS device and applications.
- Prevents users from accidentally accessing phishing sites, protecting them even over Wi-Fi and cellular networks.
Why Integrate with Workspace ONE?
On its own, the Cisco Security Connector provides visibility and control of iOS devices. When deployed through the Workspace ONE platform, Workspace ONE is able to complement the app’s functionality with:
- Additional iOS policies and security features such as data loss prevention (DLP) and access management.
- Unified endpoint management capabilities that enable management of additional platforms, including Android, Windows, macOS, Chrome OS and more.
- Workspace ONE Intelligence, which provides deep insights, app analytics and automation for better security across the entire digital workspace.
How Does Integration Work?
Integrating Cisco Security Connector with Workspace ONE is a fairly straightforward process. After meeting the minimum requirements, deploy the Cisco Security Connector app through Workspace ONE. Then, send a custom XML payload to a supervised iOS device enrolled in Workspace ONE.
Want to Learn More?
If you’re joining us at VMworld, swing by our booth for information on the integration.