Thanks to the modern workforce, Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) apps and mobile workflows, traditional ways of managing and securing users, apps and devices (and all that associated data) are starting to show some cracks in effectiveness. While this presents a challenge for IT, it also presents an opportunity—out with the old, in with the new.
For many IT departments, now is the time to progress toward a digital workspace. With an ideal digital workspace solution in place, IT gains the simple, secure infrastructure needed to deliver the apps and data teams need across any work device—as well as an application delivery platform that handles both native and cloud applications.
To learn how, register to join vForum Online on June 28. In this free, half-day event—our largest online conference—you’ll get what you need to take the first steps on the path to a modern, digital workspace, right from the convenience of your desk.
If you’ve attended previous vForum Online conferences, you’ll see this one is a little different. We’ve broken it down into specific, goal-oriented tracks so you can more easily pursue a specific aim. But whether you’re returning or just starting out at vForum, you simply cannot miss this opportunity to enhance your IT expertise.
Need a reason to register? Here are six—with two special bonus reasons:
- Discover Three Ways to Start Your Transformation: What does it take to migrate to a new workspace that actually works? In our breakout session, “Empowering the Digital Workspace: Three Key Initiatives for Moving to a Digital Workspace,” you’ll see how the four pieces of the workspace puzzle fit together. One of them is to virtualize desktops and apps. Know what the other three are?
- Then, Have Your Big Questions Answered: Questions, comments or high-level concerns you have about moving to a digital workspace? Ask a VMware pro. In one of our Chats with Experts on the digital workspace, you’ll talk live and get your issues resolved right on the spot.
- See How to Simplify App and Access Management: If you’re looking to give your teams a smarter, more reliable way to do mobile work—without compromising on security—the “Putting the User First: Simplify App and Access Management” breakout session is one vForum Online talk you need to hear.
- Take the Mystery out of Managing Mobile Devices: Just beginning to manage mobile devices? Without a helpful, interactive guide, enterprise mobility management (EMM) and mobile device management (MDM) can seem a little confusing. In our “Introduction to VMware AirWatch” Hands-on Lab, you’ll log in to the AirWatch console as an admin to write a policy, then enroll a device into your newly configured environment.
- Gain a Guide to Windows Endpoint Management: Know how the VMware digital workspace platform allows IT teams to manage Windows 10 PCs—wherever they are, and however they’re owned? You will. Start in the breakout session, “Modernizing Windows Endpoint Management: Leveraging Windows 10 and Cloud-Based Management,” and then head to related Chat, where you’ll be able to discuss things in more detail with a VMware expert.
- Do a Deep Dive on the Digital Workspace: In the demo, “VMware AirWatch: Workspace ONE, Single Sign-on and VMware Identity Manager,” you’ll walk through the latest on the VMware Workspace ONE solution. Then, you’ll configure its integration with AirWatch to enable single sign-on (SSO) from any device to any application, thanks to VMware vCenter SSO.
- BONUS #1: Hear From Our CEO: Ever wonder what’s on the mind of our distinguished CEO Pat Gelsinger? Now, you have a special chance to find out for yourself. vForum Online Summer 2017 kicks off with his keynote, entitled “5 Myths of IT.” In it, Pat will challenge some conventional (but questionable) IT wisdom as he shares his personal perspective. You won’t want to miss this.
- BONUS #2: Win a Cool Prize: Learn something new; win something new. We’re handing out some awesome prizes to several lucky attendees of vForum Online, like an Oculus Rift VR headset, a voice-controlled Amazon Echo speaker and so much more. Will you win a prize?
The big day is quickly approaching, and we hope to see you there. But first things first: Register for the June 28 vForum Online today.