The recent Android enterprise enhancements for VMware AirWatch make setting up an enterprise mobility management (EMM) solution easier than ever. Use these improvements to secure an Android bring-your-own-device (BYOD) deployment, without sacrificing user experience. To get started, check out the following infographic which provides an overview of the enhancements and key configurations.
How Do I Get the Android Enterprise Enhancements?
To take advantage of the enterprise enhancements for Android, meet the minimum platform and version requirements. Then, download additional resources to learn more.
To access the functionality and streamlined workflows outlined in this post, complete the following:
- Security Challenge functionality available for Android Nougat and above
- AirWatch Console v9.0+
Download full guides from MyAirWatch to learn more. (However, please note that MyAirWatch access requires credentials.)
- Android Platform Guide – Review the basics of VMware AirWatch EMM for Android. Key topics include, but are not limited to enrolling, securing, configuring and managing devices.
- Integration with Android for Work – Learn about Android devices with special features for enterprise security, formerly referred to as Android for Work. Then, learn about what VMware AirWatch EMM can do with these devices.
- Mobile Device Management (MDM) Guide – Review the basics of VMware AirWatch EMM. Especially relevant topics include, enrolling, securing, configuring and managing devices.
- Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) Guide – Learn how to secure employee access to corporate resources on personal devices.
If you have any questions or concerns about the Android Enterprise enhancements, then please email us.