Our teams announced some really exciting things coming this spring in VMware Workspace ONE, powered by VMware AirWatch unified endpoint management technology. Some of the updates and features we are most thrilled to share with you are around our VMware Workspace ONE apps:
With the goal of enabling employees to securely get work done anywhere, our product teams prioritized user experience and enterprise security for this and future releases. Let’s dive in!
VMware Boxer Security & Usability
- S/MIME support for sending and receiving signed and/or encrypted mail.
- Email classification markings with built-in Microsoft Exchange transport rules; integrates with Titus, Boldon James and JanusNET.
- Enhanced productivity with new 3D touch gestures and conversation threading.
- Improvements to real-time email notifications and badging on iOS with zero-touch deployment, requiring no additional infrastructure and supported with Exchange 2007 and higher
Enhancements to VMware Content Locker & Browser
- Improved workflows across Boxer and Content Locker for easier, more secure document collaboration.
- Download manager within Browser showing downloaded files and limiting “open in” policies from the console.
- Built-in QR reader in Browser for secure access to embedded websites; also supports kiosk mode and line-of-business use case.
- Advanced Tableau reports to measure employee Socialcast engagement.
- Ability to extend chat support into external business systems.
- Improved mobile application user experience with access to more features, such as video attachment to discussion, “Out of Office” settings, 3D Touch support for quick search (iOS) and more.
- Dynamic group support to automatically add/delete members based on set criteria, including management hierarchy, user skills or dynamic profile question.
Updates across All Workspace ONE Apps
- Seamless passcode experience across Boxer, Browser and Content Locker, including the ability to use Touch ID, reset forgotten passcode and manage passcode complexity requirements.
- User experience updates across apps and platforms for an improved employee experience.
- Enhanced mobile workflows across apps to accomplish tasks faster and enhance collaboration.
- Improved data loss prevention and security across apps for highly regulated industries.
To learn more about our Workspace ONE apps, visit air-watch.com/solutions/productivity-apps/.