New Reviewer’s Guide for View in VMware Horizon 7 – A Series of Mini-Guides
By Cindy Heyer Carroll, Technical Writer, End-User-Computing Technical Marketing, VMware
I am very happy to announce that we just posted the first four mini-guides in a series of seven to bring you the latest update of View, the main component of VMware Horizon 7! Unlike previous Reviewer’s Guides, you are getting the latest updates literally as soon as we complete each section. The result? Shorter pieces that are easier to digest.
The first four mini-guides of the series are now available:
- Reviewer’s Guide for View in VMware Horizon 7: Overview introduces you to the View component of Horizon 7, including benefits, features, and architecture
- Reviewer’s Guide for View in VMware Horizon 7: Installation and Configuration provides exercises covering the installation and initial configuration process of a basic deployment, which you can use to explore the key features described in additional mini-guides
- Reviewer’s Guide for View in VMware Horizon 7: Instant Clones introduces you to the new instant clones feature, and provides exercises to set up and use instant clones
- Quick-Start Guide: Publishing Applications with VMware Horizon 7 provides exercises that describe how to install and configure the key software components required for published applications
With the exception of the Overview and the Installation and Configuration, each mini-guide focuses on a particular use case, accompanied by exercises to explore relevant features. The mini-guides cover topics such as preparing virtual machines for desktop pools, using instant clones, setting up desktop pools (full- and linked-clones), exploring the benefits of Smart Policies, and provisioning users.
When you work through the exercises in the Reviewer’s Guide series, you end up with a basic working deployment, as well as experience using the View component of VMware Horizon 7 in the context of specific use cases. The deployment is based on a single VDI platform, simplifying desktop management and enhancing user experience.
Be sure to take a look at the guides that are now available, and watch for the next to be posted. When we finish, the following mini-guides will be included in the series:
- Installation and Configuration
- Preparing Virtual Machines for Desktop Pools (pending)
- Instant Clones
- Desktop Pools (pending)
- Quick-Start Guide: Publishing Applications with VMware Horizon 7
- Smart Policies (pending)
- Provisioning Users (pending)
To comment on this paper, contact VMware End-User-Computing Technical Marketing at firstname.lastname@example.org.