Co-authored by Sujay Gopalan, Solution Architect, Technical Marketing and Enablement, Enterprise Desktop, VMware
We are excited to announce that VMware vRealize Operations for Horizon and Published Applications 6.4 has reached general availability! This latest version includes many new features that benefit VMware Horizon 7 and Citrix customers. In this release, you will find the following features:
- App Volumes – Monitors AppStack attach time during the user login process.
- Application usage – Reports who used which applications and when, for RDSH applications and desktops, and also for virtual desktops.
- Application-crash alerts – Notifies administrators of application crashes.
- Root-cause analysis dashboard – Quickly pinpoints what is causing user issues.
- Cloud Pod Architecture – Quickly identifies the pod that is hosting a user or session, and the pod host.
- Access Point – Alerts administrators about Access Point capacity.
VMware vRealize Operations for Horizon and Published Applications 6.4 supports the following newly released platforms:
- View in VMware Horizon 7.0.3
- Citrix XenDesktop and XenApp 7.11
- vRealize Operations Manager 6.4
With so many new features, we decided to create a four-part blog-post series to address details about the key features. This gives you the opportunity to learn about the features and see how you can leverage them in your View deployment in VMware Horizon 7, and in Citrix XenDesktop and XenApp deployments.
This blog-post series comprises the following blog posts:
- Part 1: An introduction to what’s new in vRealize Operations for Horizon and Published Applications 6.4
- Part 2: New support for monitoring VMware App Volumes, View in VMware Horizon 7, and VMware Access Point
- Part 3: New application-crash alerts for desktop applications, and a new dashboard for root-cause analysis
- Part 4: Memory usage, support, and enhancements
You can download the latest version of vRealize Operations for Horizon and Published Applications.
VMware vRealize Operations for Horizon and Published Applications offers administrators a convenient dashboard interface to examine the full virtualization stack, from user sessions to vSphere hosting of Horizon 7 and Citrix XenDesktop and XenApp. Administrators can use the built-in dashboard to troubleshoot problems by phone, proactively monitor key metrics to ensure optimal user experience, and run application and usage reports by user.
Figure 1: Horizon Overview Tab of the Dashboard
If you are not yet using vRealize Operations for Horizon and Published Applications, but want to evaluate this version in your environment, you can contact your VMware reseller or account manager to learn more.
In our next blog post, we describe the new support for monitoring VMware App Volumes with View in Horizon 7. So, watch for Part 2!
In upcoming days, you can read Part 3, where we describe the new application-crash alerts for desktop applications, and the new dashboard for root-cause analysis, and Part 4, where we describe memory usage, support, and enhancements.