The VMware Horizon team continues the push to deliver our vision of any application on any device. We’re pleased to announce that with the general availability of Horizon 7.0.3 and Horizon Client 4.3, we’ve taken the next step on that journey.
These releases extend Windows 10 capabilities, push the user experience (UX) envelope, enable complete automation at scale and deliver higher availability (HA). Here are some of the highlights:
- Additional Windows 10 management support.
- The Windows Universal Windows Platform (UWP) client is now available, with full support for VMware Blast Extreme and tech preview for PCoIP, that enables Horizon 7 on ANY Windows 10 device.
- VDI support for:
- Versions 1511 and 1507 of the Current Business Branch (CBB).
- Versions 1507 and 1607 of the Long-Term Servicing Branch (LTSB).
- Version 1607 of the Current Branch (CB) is also in tech preview.
- Improved user experience through:
- Out-of-box bandwidth reductions up to 30% and H.264 for multiple monitor support with Blast Extreme.
- Real-time audio-video support for session-based desktops on Windows Server 2016 Remote Desktop Services (RDS) hosts.
- Updates for Linux, macOS, Chrome OS, Android, iOS and HTML Access clients so you can continue to enable your users on any device.
- Linux VDI enhancements including multi-monitor, bi-directional audio and accelerated graphics with NVIDIA Tesla M6 cards.
- Complete automation support through an integrated module included in VMware PowerCLI 6.5 R1. Access is enabled to all Horizon management and Cloud Pod Architecture configuration and monitoring capabilities.
- Higher availability with the vSphere 6.5 HA facility built into the vCenter Server Appliance that eliminates a single point of failure and restores service in five minutes or less.
[Download Horizon 7 Documentation]
And in case you missed it, see all the great stuff we announced at VMworld just a few months ago, including 6x bandwidth reduction with Blast Extreme, support for new thin and zero clients (now 100+), vGPU support for high-end 3D graphics and 16 new features for RDS-hosted apps.
- Read: What’s New on the VMware Horizon
- Watch: What’s New with Horizon 7 from VMworld 2016
- Watch: Advances in Remote Display Protocol Technology from VMworld 2016
Take a look for yourself and see what all the buzz is about!