14 Stats on the Rise of the Digital Workspace
14 Stats on the Rise of the Digital Workspace from VMware AirWatch
Workers want more devices and modern apps to do their jobs. Demand drives a new business trend: the digital workspace.
- 60% of employees prefer to work on a personal device. (VMware)
- 30% of employees work on their personal device, despite company policy. (VMware)
- By 2017, half of employers may require employees to bring their own devices. (Gartner)
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD): A strategy allowing workers to access enterprise apps and corporate data on personal smartphones, tablets, PCs and other devices.
- 72% of organizations support BYOD. (Bitglass)
- Only 14% use mobile application management (MAM) to control access to corporate data. (Bitglass)
- The average enterprise uses 917 cloud apps. (Netskope)
- 91% of these apps are not enterprise-ready. (Netskope)
- SMBs use 14.3 cloud apps on average. (Intermedia)
- The average SMB employee works on 5.5 apps. (Intermedia)
- Demand for enterprise mobile apps will grow five times faster than IT’s capacity to deliver. (Gartner)
- 70% of respondents view effective mobility strategies as critical to core applications and business processes that can lead to a competitive advantage. (ESG)
- Only 20% of global businesses have successfully transitioned a core business process to a mobile model. (VMware)
- Modernizing on-prem core enterprise apps is a top IT project priority for 45%. (Gartner)
- 41% also put extending capabilities of core enterprise apps in their top five IT project priorities. (Gartner)
Explore the Digital Workspace
Deliver and manage any application on any device from a simple and secure enterprise platform.
Read more about the digital workspace: