Network Ports Diagram Updated for Horizon 7
By Tina de Benedictis, group manager for VMware End-User-Computing (EUC) technical marketing, VMware, and Ray Heffer, global cloud architect for VMware EUC
Sometimes VMware gives you something that makes you want to sit by a warm fire and read, along with your favorite beverage. That is exactly what Ray Heffer has produced: the Network Ports Diagram for Horizon 7. This intricate diagram gives you a lot of vital information in one page. It is not something you will memorize, but it is something that you will refer to often.
You may have used the Horizon 6 version of this diagram, and here is the update for the new release. Click the diagram to download the PDF.
What is new in the Horizon 7 diagram?
- View Agent has been renamed Horizon Agent.
- Access Point holds a place alongside View Security Server.
- RDSH / Virtual Desktop includes Windows, Linux, and RDSH desktops. (Horizon for Linux uses the Blast Extreme protocol.)
- VMware vRealize Operations for Horizon is now part of the diagram.
- App Volumes Agent is included.
- Enrollment Server, new in Horizon 7 for True SSO, is now in the diagram.
- And, best of all, we are now able to specify the name of our new protocol: Blast Extreme!
A special challenge to you network specialists: While you are studying this new Horizon 7 diagram, try to discover what else is different from the Horizon 6 Network Ports diagram!