By Susan Blau, Technical Writer, End-User-Computing Technical Marketing, VMware
The new Windows Optimization Guide, formally titled Optimization Guide for Desktops and Servers in View in VMware Horizon 6 and VMware Horizon Air Desktops and VMware Horizon Air Apps, has undergone a radical transformation from the previous version. The new guide
- Introduces the Fling tool, the VMware OS Optimization Tool (OSOT). It describes in detail how to use the OSOT to analyze and optimize master images in the data center (VMware Horizon 6) or in the cloud (VMware Horizon Air Desktops and Horizon Air Apps) for
- Windows 7 and Windows 8 desktops
- Windows 2008 and Windows 2012 RDSH servers
- Removes the scripts because the OSOT is an easier and faster way to optimize the Windows OS. The OSOT includes features such as the ability to roll back optimizations, and to customize your own optimization templates if you want more control over the optimization process.
- Will later include Windows 10 optimizations (testing is in progress).