General Availability of VMware App Volumes 2.10 Is Here!!
Last week, Harry Labana, VP of Products for End-User Computing at VMware, announced the new capabilities available as part of our release of VMware App Volumes 2.10. Today, I’m excited to announce that VMware App Volumes 2.10 is generally available!
VMware App Volumes has been a part of our End-User Computing portfolio for almost a year. We’ve been through an incredible journey of innovation while providing real-time application delivery and lifecycle management to our customers. To give you a synopsis of that journey, as well as what’s new in VMware App Volumes 2.10, I encourage you to watch a short video on our App Volumes product page. In addition, here’s a brief recap of the enhancements available as part of the latest release.
- Windows 10 Support – VMware App Volumes 2.10 supports Windows 10 by giving IT the ability to attach AppStacks and Writeable Volumes to Windows 10 virtual desktops.
- Expanded Office Support – VMware App Volumes 2.10 supports Office365 and has additional delivery options for Office 2010 and 2013. This means that different Office applications can be delivered through different AppStacks to provide greater flexibility in managing end-user application requirements. For example, IT would be able to deliver Visio and Excel in two different AppStacks.
- Writeable Volume Expansion – Customers can expand writeable volumes beyond the default size.
- IPv6 and VMware vMotion Support – VMware App Volumes 2.10 offers greater network compatibility in enterprise environments with IPv6 support. AppStacks and Writeable Volumes also offer support of VMware vMotion.
- Enhanced Storage Management – Storage groups have been enhanced to perform replication of AppStacks across vCenters. Added flexibility to select which storage to use for delivering AppStacks and Writeable Volumes is also available.
- Improved Scalability – The VMware App Volumes Manager supports 100% more concurrent connections across multiple vCenters.
- Better Performance – The speed of installing large applications like Visual Studio and ArcGIS is improved by 50%.
Existing customers can download the latest bits at my.vmware.com. New customers can request a trial of VMware App Volumes to see first-hand how it provides a real-time application delivery system, while lowering operational and storage costs.
I’d also like to remind you that we have a special promotion in place for the VMware Horizon Application Management Bundle, which is designed to help take Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop environments to the next level. The bundle includes VMware App Volumes, which optimizes XenApp and XenDesktop environments for faster application delivery, painless application management, and reduced IT costs. Make sure to take advantage of the promotion before it expires on 12/26/15.