It’s been exactly 18 months since we GA’d Horizon Air, VMware’s desktop-as-a-service offering and WOW!, has it been an amazing ride. We’ve been really focused on making improvements in our service, adding new capabilities, and expanding geographically. This is resonating with customers. If you were at VMworld, you got the chance to hear from customers that are using Horizon Air such as:
- Southern New Hampshire University – who will be using Horizon Air to provide cloud-based desktops and applications to it’s 70K students.
- 77NRG – who went cloud-first and uses Horizon Air desktops as their main corporate workspace for over 2k employees.
We’re excited to be working with these and many other leading organizations. Their support and feedback is helping us drive the direction of our service to ensure we help enterprises solve their key use cases with cloud-based desktops and apps. That’s why I’m happy to share some new updates that are part of our summer release of Horizon Air. These include:
- Expansion into Canada: This week, all Horizon Air services are now available in Canada. This expands the footprint of Horizon Air to include multiple locations in the US, UK, France, Germany, Australia, and Japan.
- Next Generation Admin Console: Built from the ground up, the the console is now cleaner, faster and allows for easier workflows so administrators can achieve more in less time.
- Client updates: Tons of client updates to make the end-user experience easier and faster.
- Windows 10 support: Customers will be able to deploy Windows 10 as a client desktop OS.
I encourage you to learn more about these and many other updates by reading Simon LeComte’s blog here.
We hope you enjoy these new capabilities. If you’d like to learn more about Horizon Air, visit our website at www.vmware.com/go/daas.