HOT OFF THE PRESSES – VMware and F5 Hands-On-Lab Now Available!
Guest Blog by Justin Venezia, Sr. Solutions Architect – VMware Alliances, F5 Networks
VMware and F5 are proud to announce the availability of one of the first partner-centric labs utilizing VMware’s global Hands-On-Lab infrastructure. In close collaboration with the VMware End-User Computing Technical Enablement team, the VMware Alliance team at F5 created this lab for easy-to-use yet rich technical exercises.
This lab will show you the ease of configuration and benefits of using the F5 BIG-IP platform in support of your VMware EUC enterprise solutions. This includes Horizon 6, both for virtual desktop infrastructure and application publishing. The lab provides a walkthrough from initial setup of F5 BIG-IP with Horizon 6 to configuring and providing additional security and fault tolerance to your VMware EUC solutions.
This first release of the lab includes:
- Brief overview of intelligent, VMware Horizon-aware system availability, security, and network traffic management capabilities using F5 BIG-IP’s Local Traffic Manager (LTM), Global Traffic Manager (GTM), and Access Policy Manager (APM).
- Deploying the F5 BIG-IP Virtual Edition on vSphere
- Running through the basic setup and configuration of the F5 BIG-IP Virtual Edition
- How to upload certificates and iApps (F5’s interactive, simple-to-use configuration templates) to the F5 BIG-IP
- Step-by-step instructions on how to load balance multiple Horizon Connection Servers and Security Servers
- Implementing and configuring F5 Access Policy Manager’s (APM) PCoIP Proxy as a Security Server alternative
This lab is designed to provide a comprehensive introduction to the key products, technologies, and solutions VMware and F5 have developed to bring enhanced availability, scalability, and security to your Horizon environment. After completion, you will have gained a solid understanding of how to deploy and configure F5’s BIG-IP Application Delivery Services together with VMware Horizon.
Here’s the link that will take you directly to the VMware and F5 Hands-On-Lab: http://vmware.com/go/f5lab
Before you start this lab, you’ll first need to register (it’s FREE). After clicking on the link, choose the “Login/Register” tab in the upper right corner of the browser window.
Continue following the directions on the subsequent screens to complete the enrollment, and then log in to the lab.
We’re open to any feedback or suggestions – just send you comments or feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Enjoy the lab!