Mirage 5.0 Reviewer’s Guide Now Available
By Judy Wu, End-User-Computing Solution Engineer, VMware
The Mirage 5.0 Reviewer’s Guide is available now!
Organization of the Reviewer’s Guide
This guide consists of the following major sections: Introduction, Architecture and Components, and Hands-On Evaluation Exercises for Mirage:
- Introduction – Includes major use cases, key features in Mirage, and package and licensing information.
- Architecture and Components – Includes descriptions of the major components and functionality, as well as architectural examples.
- Hands-On Evaluation Exercises for Mirage – Provides detailed steps for most of the use cases and functionality of Mirage 5.0: image management, layer management, OS migration, endpoint provisioning, data recovery, disaster recovery, driver management, file portal, and more.
Experienced administrators might find the features, architecture, and best practices most useful. If you are new to Mirage, you might find the step-by-step exercises of both existing and new features most useful.
Two major features that are new to Mirage 5.0 are covered in the exercises:
- Full support for Windows 8.1
- Windows 8.1 provisioning – The section Use the Base Layer Provisioning Method describes the detailed steps for provisioning a Windows 8.1 endpoint.
- Image management – Refer to sections such as Working with Base and Application Layers and Data Recovery and Backup for image management information.
- Operating system migration – Follow the steps in Migrating to Windows 7 or 8.1 to perform migration to Windows 8.1.
- The Mirage Gateway server is now deployed as a Linux virtual appliance, with improved user experience. (The Mirage Gateway server was previously deployed on Windows.) Refer to Working with the Mirage Gateway section for details.
Take a look at the newly published Mirage 5.0 Reviewer’s Guide.