VMware Horizon 6 + Dell XC: Delivering New Economics and Simplicity for Desktop and Application Virtualization
As organizations seek to deliver greater agility in support of an increasingly mobile workforce and escalating business demands, the transformation of traditional desktop environments into mobile workspaces becomes a strategic, competitive differentiator.
Traditional approaches to desktop virtualization, often built on rigid, inflexible solution stacks, have made it difficult for organizations to quickly and efficiently size their storage, networking and compute. For many organizations, the end-result has been the over-provisioning of infrastructure to ensure available capacity and performance, making the TCO/ROI equation for desktop virtualization almost untenable for IT. These limitations typically negate the business advantage that organizations seek when embarking on a desktop transformation initiative. Well, for these customers things have just gotten a whole lot better. VMware and Dell have partnered to deliver a hyper-converged infrastructure solution that offers predictable performance with scale, faster time-to-value, and simplified management, built on VMware Horizon, with the Dell XC Web Scale Appliance architecture.
So what makes this solution better than the alternatives? VMware and Dell enjoy an extensive track record of collaborating and innovating in desktop virtualization. Dell XC hyper-converged solutions that are built on VMware uniquely benefit from:
- The world’s most widely deployed, feature-rich, software-defined platform for server, network and storage virtualization
- A unified, single platform for virtual desktops and apps of every type: VDI desktops, RDS hosted apps, RDS shared desktop sessions, ThinApp packaged apps
- Dramatically simplified provisioning with unified management leveraging VMware’s closed loop management and automation capabilities, including image management, policy management, analytics and operations management, and orchestration
- A unified workspace for end users, that brings together virtualized desktops and apps (including Citrix XenApps), along with web and SaaS based apps, all accessible with single login, and an exceptional user experience from any device
The end result for organizations and their users is a more rapid, cost-effective, high-performance platform for transforming desktops into mobile workspaces that offer:
- Predictable performance with scale, as deployments grow from small to very large, with right-sized units of infrastructure that don’t create a CAPEX hurdle each time the business needs to grow
- Faster time to value, with a streamlined process, from design, to ordering, to install/provision
- Simplified, unified manageability across every layer in the solution, spanning data center to end-point
Learn more in this solutions architecture white paper.