We have a wonderful news to share with our Australian customers! VMware Cloud on AWS has successfully completed the IRAP cloud security assessment. The IRAP Cloud Security Assessment demonstrates our compliance against the Australian Information Security Manual (ISM) and Protective Security Policy Framework (PSPF) and shows VMware Cloud on AWS’ suitability to handle Australian government data.
VMware engaged Foresight Inc, a registered IRAP assessor to evaluate the service at PROTECTED level. The assessors evaluated VMware Cloud on AWS controls across several technical areas including cyber security roles and responsibilities, incident management, systems hardening, systems monitoring, cryptography, networking, software development and personnel security.
The ability to manage workloads across a hybrid cloud model has been a critical challenge for government IT organizations. The IRAP Cloud Security Assessment, provides assurance that VMware Cloud on AWS has implemented robust technical controls to provide a secure and reliable environment for customers to deploy their workloads. VMware government customers in Australia can now leverage our service to deploy workloads in the VMware Cloud on AWS Sydney region.
VMware is committed to supporting government IT organizations worldwide and continues to expand our compliance programs to meet the most demanding security and compliance requirements. The IRAP Cloud Security Assessment is a significant milestone for VMware in the Australian region and enhances our capability to support Australian government customers through their cloud migration journey, expand digital capabilities and accelerate service delivery with stringent governance and control.
VMware Cloud on AWS
VMware Cloud on AWS brings VMware enterprise-class Software-Defined Data Center (SDDC) software to the AWS Cloud. It enables customers to run production applications across private, public, and hybrid cloud environments based on VMware vSphere®, with optimized access to native AWS services. VMware Cloud on AWS integrates VMware flagship compute, storage, and network virtualization products—VMware vSphere, VMware vSAN, and VMware NSX—along with VMware vCenter Server management. It optimizes them to run on elastic, bare-metal AWS infrastructure operational experience on premises and in the cloud.
The IRAP assessed VMware Cloud on AWS service provides a compliance hardened SDDC to address the security requirements from Australian Information Security Manual and Protective Security Policy Framework (PSPF).
For more information related to VMware Cloud on AWS, here are some more learning resources for you:
- You can learn more about our VMware Cloud on AWS service at the VMware Cloud on AWS website or by viewing VMware Cloud on AWS: Overview.
- Follow us on Twitter @vmwarecloudaws and give us a shout with #VMWonAWS.
- Leverage the new VMware Cloud on AWS Techzone for curated technical documentation.
- Watch informative demos, overview videos, webinars and hear from our customers: VMware Cloud on AWS on YouTube.
- Try the VMware Cloud on AWS Lightening Lab for a first-hand immersive experience.
- Read our latest VMware Cloud on AWS blogs.
- Obtain the VMware Cloud on AWS Solution Brief and VMware Cloud on AWS TCO 1-pager.
- Follow the VMware Cloud on AWS release notes, VMware Site Recovery release notes and VMware Cloud Disaster Recovery release notes on continuing updates.
- Read Technical Guides on Operations, Applications, and Performance.
- Listen to latest episodes of VMware Cloud on AWS Unplugged Podcast
- Check out Cloud Customer Success Community, engage with your peers and get your questions answered.