The foundation of IT is your digital infrastructure, enabling you to serve internal users and customers with the experiences that drive your business.
But is your infrastructure keeping up with the pace of your organization, or the market you compete in? As you look to the cloud for new opportunities to accelerate your time to market, improve the performance of your applications, and reduce cost, are you realizing those benefits?
Many organizations fall short of their expectations when adopting cloud services and attempting to migrate their apps to cloud, for several reasons:
- Existing skillsets and processes turn out to be unsuitable for public cloud deployments and operations
- On-premises and cloud platforms are incompatible, resulting in time and effort to refactor apps to cloud APIs
- Cloud infrastructure silos are created with individual management consoles and tools, creating operational complexity
- Different machine formats complicate application portability and force lock-in to a single cloud provider
- Governance, security, and compliance become inconsistent
VMware Cloud solves these challenges with a multi-cloud infrastructure platform that enables consistent application deployment and operations on any cloud, anywhere. That means your applications run on any cloud provider, datacenter, or edge location without recoding, and have access to native cloud services and Kubernetes to accelerate modernization. AWS is our preferred public cloud partner for VMware vSphere-based workloads, and VMware Cloud on AWS has delivered amazing results for our customers:
- 46% faster migrations3
- 59% less staff time required for cloud migrations3
- 57% reduction in migration costs with VMware Cloud3
With VMware Cloud on AWS, you can create a seamless connection between your on-premises data center and the cloud, enabling hot (live), warm, or cold migration depending on your use case. All environments are managed by vRealize for consistent operations.
Want to see for yourself how easy this can be? Run our Test Drive to experience a real application migration scenario in about 30 minutes. Start the Test Drive here. Continue learning with our Hands-On Lab, where you’ll have the chance to test the full technical capabilities of VMware Cloud on AWS.
You can get started with a high-performance 2-host instance of VMware Cloud on AWS capable of supporting 60-70 averaged sized VMs for $18.45/hr or $115K/yr. See more about pricing here.
Cloud migration can be complex – but with VMware it is as simple as it gets. If you’re ready to get started, contact us here, or one of our master services competency partners here.
Learn more about cloud migration with VMware:
- VMware Cloud on AWS product information
- Business Value of VMware Cloud on AWS
- Cloud Migration Success Stories
1 Internal VMware study
2 VMware Market Insights Report 2021
3 IDC. “The Business Value of Running Applications on VMware Cloud on AWS in VMware Hybrid Cloud Environments”. 2020.