At this year’s VMworld we’ll be previewing new cloud automation technologies allowing IT and Cloud Ops teams to govern and automate the delivery of infrastructure and application resources across multiple clouds. One of the advantages of these new technologies is that they meet the needs of operations teams in addressing automation and governance requirements, while also providing developers with easy access to resources. Dev access to the new technologies will either be provided directly through the command line, or through integration with the tools developers already use as part of their CI/CD pipeline process.
Some of the capabilities of the new tech are that it will:
- Give developers the ability to easily access resources using a declarative, iterative approach that treats infrastructure as code
- Allow development teams to create cloud agnostic blueprints (predefined environment definitions that work across multiple clouds), that simplify and reduce the cost of cloud operations
- Give IT and cloud operations teams the ability to govern resource delivery, including providing them with control over who can use specific resources, as well as what activities and applications can use specific clouds
- Provide an open API design that makes it easy to integrate resource delivery into continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) processes.
Best of all, the new technologies are designed to function smoothly across multiple clouds, and to address operations across private, hybrid and native public cloud environments.
You can learn more about these new cloud automation technologies at the following VMworld sessions:
- Session: Introduction to real-time insight and governance for cloud infrastructure (Session ID: MGT2954BU). This session will provide an overview of the challenges and strategies for enabling governance across cloud infrastructure from AWS, Azure, Google, and VMware.
- Session: Brokering Services Across Multiple Clouds and Platforms (Session ID: MGT1772) Join this session to learn how you can enable your developers to browse through and provision third-party services and applications with a single click.
- Session: Code Stream Deep Dive (Session ID: MGT2843)
Code Stream offers enhanced control of your release process, allowing you to achieve Continuous Delivery while tying into your existing DevOps toolset. See how to quickly visualize how your code is going from dev to prod, with little to no manual intervention.
- Session: To Infrastructure and Beyond: Infrastructure as Code with Cloud Services (MGT2099)
In this session, participants will learn how VMware can help operations teams transform traditional siloed IT infrastructure, services and processes with streamlined, cloud-agnostic automation.
- Session: Developer Cloud Introduction – VMware’s New Cloud Management Strategy (MGT1063) This session will include a panel of customers that have embraced innovative VMware products and have successfully transitioned to a decentralized, self-service IT approach. They will present their cloud journey, what is needed for private versus public cloud strategy, discuss how VMware has supported them throughout and address audience questions.
- Session: Agile Cloud Management with VMware (MGT2915)
Go deeper into the agile cloud management platform and explore several of the powerful use cases made possible by VMware solutions – with a few surprises.
- Session: Customer Success Story: Enable Developers with Infra-as-Code and Automation (MGT2920BU)
Join us to learn how infra-as-code and automation can increase developer productivity while keeping costs in check, without compromising on security and compliance. Hear from one of our customers who will describe how VMware is helping them overcome their challenges and meet the needs of their consumers.
- Session: DevOps Culture and Practice: From Theory to Reality – A VMware Story (DEV2403BU)
Join this discussion where we will connect the theory with the practice of DevOps. Learn how we do DevOps in VMware, what we’ve learned, and our next steps.
Catch these sessions and more by registering for VMworld 2018 today, or learn more about VMware Cloud services by visiting our website.