A new update is available for VMware Workstation 11 and Player 7 Pro. The new update included fixes for Workstation 11 and Player 7 in addition to new features in Workstation 11.
What’s New for Workstation 11.1.0
This specific release of Workstation 11 adds support for VMware vCloud Air Virtual Private Cloud OnDemand and includes bug fixes.
About Virtual Private Cloud OnDemand:
Virtual Private Cloud OnDemand is a secure, pay-as-you-go, cloud computing service offered by VMware that gives IT organizations a VMware compatible platform to create virtual machines, dynamically scale virtual machines and resources up or down, and pay for resources allocated.
- Virtual Private Cloud OnDemand provides on-demand resources with granular metering and usage-based billing.
- Resources are pool-based, allowing deployment of virtual machines with customized configurations.
- Costs are billed monthly only for the aggregate amount of resources consumed across all of your virtual machines.
- On-demand resources complement the subscription services for vCloud Air.
Note: VMware vCloud Air connection features are only available in VMware Workstation 11 and requires a subscription/account to VMware vCloud Air. More information on VMware vCloud Air services is available HERE.
VMware Workstation 11.1.0
- VMware Workstation 11.1.0 is a maintenance release that is a free update for all VMware Workstation 11.x customers. Read the Release Notes for more details.
VMware Player Pro 7.1.0
- VMware Player 7.1.0 is a maintenance release that is a free update for all VMware Player 7.x customers. Read the Release Notes for more details.
How to get the updates
VMware Workstation 11 will prompt you to download the update the next time you run it. You can manually check for the update from the “Help” -> “Software Updates” menu item.
VMware Player 7 will prompt you to download the update the next time you run it. You can manually check for the update from the “Player” -> “Help” -> “Software Updates” menu item.
PLEASE NOTE: VMware Workstation 11 includes a copy of VMware Player 7 for commercial use. If you have VMware Workstation 11 you do not need to download VMware Player 7 separately since it is included in the VMware Workstation 11 download.
Many thanks to the Workstation 11 and Player 7 customers reporting these issues to Workstation Support and discussing them with the VMware Workstation Community.