The VMware Workstation team is providing public access to the latest VMware Workstation Technology Preview July 2014. This Tech Preview adds new features not included in the prior May 2014 Technology Preview in addition to general stability, application compatibility and usability improvements. The VMware Workstation Technology Preview includes changes to the core virtualization engine and new capabilities we are exploring.
We would appreciate feedback in the following areas:
- New OS support including the latest versions of Windows, Ubuntu, Fedora, RHEL and OpenSUSE
- VMware Hardware Version 11 including improved CPU support and upgraded USB 3.0 controller
- Graphics memory configuration per virtual machine
- Windows 8 Unity mode improvements
- Create and boot virtual machine with EFI
- Experimental performance tuning for VM suspend and resume
The VMware Workstation Technology Preview July 2014 is available to download HERE via our VMware Workstation Community. More details including installation instructions can be found on the What’s New page.
As with the prior Technology Preview May 2014, please post all of your feedback in the VMware Workstation Technology Preview 2014 community forum. Our Developers, Quality Assurance Engineers, Support Teams, Technical Writers, Product Marketing and Product Managers are all actively involved in the forums to ensure that your suggestions and comments get our attention.
The VMware Workstation Team