The VMware Workstation team is providing public access to the VMware Workstation Technology Preview to gather feedback from users on a wide range of hardware and software configurations. The VMware Workstation Technology Preview includes changes to the core virtualization engine and new capabilities we are exploring.
We would appreciate feedback in the following areas:
- New OS support including the latest versions of Windows, Ubuntu, Fedora, RHEL and OpenSUSE
- VMware Hardware Version 11 including improved CPU support and upgraded USB 3.0 controller
- Graphics memory configuration per virtual machine
- Windows 8 Unity mode improvements
- Create and boot virtual machine with EFI
The VMware Workstation Technology Preview May 2014 is available to download HERE via our VMware Workstation Community.
We really appreciate your help in testing this software. Please post all of your feedback in the VMware Workstation Technology Preview 2014 communities forum. Our Developers, Quality Assurance Engineers, Support Teams, Technical Writers, Product Marketing and Product Managers are all actively involved in the forums to ensure that your suggestions and comments get our attention.
The VMware Workstation Team