If you purchased VMware Workstation 7 between 08/01/2011 and 09/30/2011, you are eligible for a complimentary electronic upgrade under the VMware Workstation 8 Technology Guarantee Program. Here are the details:
- If you purchased VMware Workstation 7 electronically from VMware or a VMware reseller during this time period, you will automatically receive your VMware Workstation 8 license key(s) via email. No further action is required to receive your upgrade. Please allow up to 30 days to receive your complimentary electronic upgrade to VMware Workstation 8.
- If you purchased a VMware Workstation 7 retail box through a VMware Reseller during this time period you will need to submit your license key(s) and proof of purchase online by October 31, 2011. Get started. Please allow up to 30 days to receive your complimentary electronic upgrade to VMware Workstation 8.
- Customers with an active support and subscription ("SnS") contract are eligible to upgrade to Workstation 8 for free on the VMware license portal:
- Log into the VMware License portal using your VMware.com account credentials
- Locate the VMware Workstation 7 product name for the license key(s) you would like to upgrade
- Expand the product name and click the "Upgrade" button
- Follow the prompts to upgrade your license key(s) to VMware Workstation 8
- After receiving your new license keys, you can download VMware Workstation 8 software from the Workstation Download Page
If you cannot wait to for your complimentary upgrade to VMware Workstation 8 to arrive, we suggest you make the most of our free 30-day trial offer until then.