VMware Workstation 7.1.2 is a maintenance release that is a free update for all VMware Workstation 7.x customers. It includes several new features, adds support for newly released operating systems, addresses customer reported problems and resolves security issues.
- Added Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 support for Integrated Virtual Debugger’s live debugging mode.
- Addressed issues with running Windows 7 SP1 Beta, RHEL 6.0 Beta and Fedora 13 in a virtual machine. Each of these Operating Systems versions are still in development or have known issues, therefore they are not fully supported by VMware.
- Made several performance improvements to NAT networking.
- VMware Workstation 7.1.2 has been tested with the new standalone VMware Converter 4.3. VMware Converter 4.3 now handles Windows 7! Download VMware Converter for free.
- Easy Install now supports older versions of CentOS.
- Added Windows 2008R2 and Apache Server 2.2.15 support for ACE Management Server.
- Read the VMware Workstation 7.1.2 release notes for more details.
VMware Workstation 7 will prompt you to download the update the next time you run it. You can manually check for the update from the “Help” -> “Check for Software Updates Now” menu item. Alternatively, you can download it from here.