The VMware Workstation Team is excited to announce that VMware Workstation 7.1 is now available. The team has been working hard since the beginning of year to bring VMware Workstation 7.1 to you. With over 10 new features including twice the 3D graphics performance, support for more powerful virtual machines, and tighter Windows 7 integration, VMware Workstation 7.1 is faster and more convenient than ever for getting work done so you can go home early.
VMware Workstation 7.1’s excellent Windows 7 performance and integration makes it easy to learn, test and demo new platforms and technologies like Windows 7, Microsoft Office 2010, and SharePoint 2010 –all on your own computer.
Key VMware Workstation 7.1 enhancements include:
Richer Graphics Enable the Most Demanding Applications
- Up to 2x the graphics performance for DirectX 9.0 and hardware acceleration for OpenGL 2.1 in Windows 7 and Windows Vista virtual machines, results in smoother video playback, improved gaming experience, and VMware's latest Windows 7 graphics drivers are now supported for AutoCAD 2011.
- Support for even more powerful virtual machines with 8 virtual processors (or 8 virtual cores) and 2 TB virtual disks.
- Ability to import and export Open Virtualization Format (OVF 1.0) packaged virtual machines and upload directly to VMware vSphere, the industry’s best platform for building cloud infrastructures.
- Optimized performance for Intel’s Core i3, i5, i7 processor family for faster virtual machine encryption and decryption.
- Launch virtualized applications directly from the Windows 7 taskbar to create a seamless experience between applications in your virtual machines and the desktop.
- Built-in automatic updates that checks, downloads, and installs VMware Workstation updates.
Run Even More Operating Systems
- VMware Workstation 7.1 supports running over 600 operating systems and VMware Workstation 7.1 adds support for the latest Linux operating systems including Ubuntu 8.04.4, Ubuntu 10.04, OpenSUSE 11.2, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.5, Fedora 12, Debian 5.0.4, Mandriva 2009.1
Check out the release notes for a complete list of new features.
Buy VMware Workstation Now!
Existing VMware Workstation 7 customers can download a free update. VMware Workstation 7.1 is available for immediate purchase from the VMware Store for $189.00 and existing Workstation 5.x or 6.x customers can upgrade for $99.00. VMware Workstation can also be purchased through VMware’s network of resellers and distributors.
We would like to thank everyone that participated in the beta program. Without your help, we wouldn’t be able to deliver a high quality product that exceeds expectations, ensuring VMware Workstation continues to be the leading personal desktop virtualization tool.
Enjoy VMware Workstation Today!
We hope you enjoy using VMware Workstation 7.1 as much as we did creating it. We will share more details on the Workstation Zealot blog over the next few weeks. As always, we’re looking forward to your feedback!
- Discuss technical aspects of products with other customers in the VMware Workstation Community
- Leave us comments here in the blog or find us on twitter or facebook.
- Have product suggestions, submit it here.
- Get product support here.
-The VMware Workstation Team