The recent pandemic combined forces with the growth of 5G to change the trajectory for the telco digital transformation. This year at VMworld 2020, we’ll address this accelerated need for automated, scalable and cloudified networks. With a track dedicated to the evolving needs to service providers, we will explore how VMware data center and telco cloud solutions enable this transformation from the core and edge, to RAN and clouds.
Over the two days of VMworld, you will have the opportunity to learn from leading VMware experts and hear case studies from our customers and partners. As we accelerate toward 5G, our sessions and demos at VMworld will help you understand how to apply the agility of cloud, the power of virtualization and the resiliency created with artificial intelligence to thrive in the digital ecosystem.
Be sure to mark your calendars as Pat Gelsinger takes the stage on day one of VMworld to kick off the Telco 5G track where he will join Shekar Ayyar for a tour around the world as we visit advances in 5G. Pat and Shekar will be joined on the stage by executive guests from DT, Dish, Rogers and Singtel to discuss their progress toward agile, future-ready networks.
Take a peek at what awaits you at VMworld 2020 below, and register for your free VMware pass today.
Telco 5G Track Keynote –
Join Pat Gelsinger, CEO, VMware as he kicks off the Telco 5G track:
- Shekar Ayyar, EVP and GM, Telco and Edge Cloud, VMware
- Marc Rouanne, EVP and CNO, DISH
- Jorge Fernandes, CTO, Rogers
- Mark Chong, Group CTO, Singtel
Sessions of Note –
- Ed Hoppitt, director, modern apps & cloud native platforms, VMware
- Philip Buckley-Mellor, BT TV infrastructure architect, British Telecom
- Dharma Rajan, principal solution architect, NFV, VMware
- Fabio Mando, VP of Infrastructure and Technology Strategy, Millicom
- Karina Dahlke, senior product marketing manager, VMware
- Karl Whitelock Research VP, Communications Service Provider Operations and Monetization, IDC
- Sachin Katti, VP, telco strategy, VMware
- Caroline Chan, VP and GM, 5G Infrastructure Division, Network Platform Group, Intel
- Dharma Rajan, principal solutions architect, NFV, VMware
- Frank Escaros-Buechsel, staff consulting architect, VMware
- Simone Catenacci, Managing Director, Network Consulting Europe, Accenture Italia
- Rod Gilbert, Sr. Director Telco Alliances, VMware
- Glen McGowan, Engineering Technologist, Dell Technologies
- Lakshmi Mandyam, VP, edge and IoT solutions and market dev, VMware
- Phil Kippen, senior director architects, telco NFV, VMware
- Moshe Lavi, director of prod management, telco NFV, VMware
- Sachin Thakkar, senior director, telco R&D, VMware
- Jambi Ganbar, director, NFV partner and performance validation, VMware
- Christian Hasner, senior consulting solutions architect & team lead, VMware
- Ben Basler, senior director, product management, VMware
- Craig Connors, VP, CTO, VMware
- Jambi Ganbar, director, NFV partner and performance validation, VMware
Building a Nimble Service Innovation & Delivery Platform
Delivering the on-demand, customizable services expected of 5G requires a rearchitected network. A transformation to software-centric architectures provides the agility, resilience, scalability and performance needed to create and deliver these next generation services.
Creating a Modern App IT Foundation
Transformative telcos are reducing the barriers between network silos – IT resources and core network resources. This unification will enable alignment of tools and flexible DevOps methodologies that will ultimately improve efficiencies and create holistic service innovation processes. The robust VMware Modernization App IT portfolio helps close the operational gap.
- SDN and Network Virtualization for Service Providers
- Large-scale Design with NSX-T – Enterprise and Service Providers
- Introduction to Tanzu Service Mesh
- Containers Done Right: Introducing Tanzu Build Service
- Always-on Service for Millions: SRE Best Practices for K8s, Observability
- Operational Business Continuity Services for a Distributed Workforce
- Forging a Path to Continuous, Risk-Based Security with Tanzu Service Mesh
Delivering Differentiated & Revenue-Generating Digital Services
With flexible IT and service-delivery networks in place, telcos will leverage their strong customer relationships and uniquely distributed networks to create differentiated services. While VMware IT and network platforms provide the ability to build and deliver any service, across any cloud, on any device the VMware enterprise services portfolio provides accelerated routes to revenue.
- Technical Considerations for Designing Private 5G Services
- Show Me the Money! Monetizing 5G and Enterprise Services with VMware
- Get Paid by the Point: Protecting End Points to Monetize Managed Security
- Monetizing Telco Edge Service Deployment with MobiledgeX and VMware Telco Cloud
- Strategy and Vision to Accelerate Cloud Provider and MSP Growth
- IaaS Capabilities for Next-Gen Applications – Kubernetes, Kafka, Cassandra
- Expand Cloud Provider Business: Deliver High-Value Monitoring as a Service
- Expand to Managed Services with VMware Cloud Provider Hub
- Deliver Desktop-as-a-Service with Horizon Cloud for VMware Cloud Providers
- Pushing Boundaries with SD-WAN: SASE at its Best
- Manage Multi-Vendor SD-WAN Services with VMware Telco Cloud Operations
The Software Empowered Cable MSO
Cable networks continue to evolve to keep pace with increasing traffic, changing customer expectations and convergence with wireless and edge networks. VMware understands the unique transformation for Cable MSOs which are bringing more agility to their data centers, HE Hubs, OSP, and on-premise networks.
Check out this session: The Evolution of Cable Networks…How Virtualization Will Transform Cable
Get your hands on the VMware solutions which are changing the way service provider networks enable and deploy next-generation services. The technical product teams will be available to answer your questions about how to accelerate your transformation journey.
- Telco Cloud Infrastructure & Automation
- Telco Cloud Operations
- Private Connectivity
- Multi-access Edge Computing
- Content Delivery Network
Premier Passes – Meet the Experts
Premier pass holders will have access to roundtable discussions, interactive workshops and Birds-of-a-Feather sessions. These sessions will provider service providers with the answers to pressing technical questions and the ability to participate in informal, topical discussions with VMware engineers and product managers and industry counterparts.
- Network Services Architecture Evolution Strategies: From Virtualized to Cloud Native
- Designing Carrier Grade Kubernetes Architectures
- Designing Next Generation Service Assurance Solutions
- Designing Open RAN (O-RAN) Architectures
- Designing Multi-Access Edge Platforms & Solutions
- VMware Ready for Telco Cloud Certification Program
- Using RAN Intelligence and Analytics for Subscriber Experience Optimization
- Designing Carrier Grade OpenStack Architectures with VMware OpenStack
- Managed Service Provider Program for VMCon AWS and Cloud Director ServicePlease visit VMworld.com for a list of hands-on labs, 1:1 expert consultations and guided workshops, led by VMware product experts.Premier passes also include additional opportunities for networking, learning, games and prizes.
Missed our last blog post? Catch up on the Entertainment Zone: Recharge at #VMworld 2020!