Happy New Year, VMware Community!
Welcome to the Community Pulse – a monthly blog series that packages and delivers the most trafficked content in the VMTN forums for your consumption.
Get a kick start to 2018 by reading about the technical content VMware community members, like you, were most interested in as they wrapped up their year. This blog will cover VMTN highlights from the previous month, December 2017.
10 top viewed threads in December:
- GPU Passthrough in VMware workstation 14 in Workstation Pro. Resolution by @bluefirestorm
- VCSA 6.5 pre-upgrade warning – User vdcs does not have the expected uid 1006 in vCenter Server. Resolution by @jayf628.
- App Volumes 2.13.1 Manager1 registry entry missing in VMware App Volumes. Resolution in progress through multiple user collaboration.
- After High Sierra 10.13.2 Update with Fusion 10.0.1 I get Unidentified Network on Windows 10 in VMware Fusion for Mac. Resolution by @resurgens.
- VMware ThinApp new release? in VMware ThinApp: Discussion Forum. Resolution by @infraka.
- Can’t log in with http or https://loginsight/ip in vRealize Log Insight. Resolution by @slsraelyan.
- Cannot delete snapshots, but can create new ones. in ESXi. Resolution by @daphnissov.
- Nested ESXi 6.5, Auto Deploy, and VMXNET3 in VMware vSphere. Resolution in progress by multiple contributors.
- VMware Player 14 Not Loading Virtual Machine Even After Confirming it was Installed in Workstation Player. Resolution by @jtbr2.
- 2v0-622 – VCP6.5-DCV Failed in VCP: VMware Certified Professional. Resolution by @lilesj.
The top 10 most popular communities based on thread and reply creation in December:
- VMware vCenter
- Workstation Pro
- VMware Fusion (for Mac)
- vRealize Automation Tools
- VMware vSAN
- VMware Horizon
- VMware User Environment Manager
- VMware NSX
How can you get more involved with VMware Community? By spreading knowledge.
Throughout January, VMTN is asking community members to post a challenge and solution they’ve faced in their production environment in the new VMTN Challenge Lab Communities. This content will be leveraged in Hands-on Labs Challenge Labs to help prepare others, while also entering you to win an Amazon Echo Dot! Learn more.
If you’re interested in keeping up with community conversations in a product forum of interest to you in real time you can:
- Subscribe to a communities RSS Feed. Feeds are available for each community on the right-hand side, in the Actions box.
- Opt in to “Follow” a community. This option is available on the right-hand side of each community, parallel with the community name. Any community you choose to follow will appear in your “My Communities” list, accessible through the tap navigation.
- To receive email notifications around communities that you follow, confirm in your preferences that you have opted in to email.
- Bookmark a community thread to receive notifications on further replies. This is only available at thread level. It is on the right-hand side, under the Actions box.
Any questions? Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org, and as always, thank you to all those who contribute to our thriving community.