I see how it’s going to be this year. Crazy.
Articles covering the VCD-OS announcement:
- Maureen O’Gara @ SYS-CON Media: VMware to Microsoft: Choke on My Dust. heh.
- Scott Ferguson @ eWeek: VMware Adds Cloud, Desktop Infrastructure to its Virtualization Roadmap.
- Patrick Thibodeau @ ComputerWorld: VMware, virtualization rivals step into the ring at VMworld.
- Toon Vanagt @ virtualization.com vCloud: Vmware to be cloud computing provider too, but inside your private DC and not tomorrow. Toon makes a good point, but I don’t think it’s internal vs. external clouds, it’s
more of an ‘and’ rather than an ‘or.’ You can both have a choice of
external providers + your own data center, depending on needs, scale,
- James Niccolai @ PC World (and CIO.com) VMware Tries to Expand Throughout the Data Center.
Blogs discussing it:
- Duncan Epping: VMware’s first announcements. » Yellow Bricks. (Big vision backed up by real hot features.)
- Scott Lowe
- Rich Brambley
- Chris Hoff: Link: Rational Survivability: VMWorld 2008: Forecast For VMware? Cloudy…Weep For Security?.
- Chuck Hollis (EMC): Chuck’s Blog: Big Visions From VMware. Just read it. VDC-OS as an extension of where we are today in 2008 — not vapor. Concept of multiple clouds, including the "enterprise resource cloud."
- Scott Ossterreich (Cassatt): Fountainhead: An early analysis of VMware vCloud and VDC-OS
- James Urquardt: The Wisdom of Clouds: Let the Cloud Computing OS wars begin!.
- Mark Twomey sees a new world being exposed through vStorage APIs: Storagezilla: vStorage, PowerPath and a few random thoughts..
You Are There:
- Marnix Vambrout: My First set of random pictures of VMworld2008 Las Vegas
- Make sure you check out the VMworld.com discussions and photos
- dsiles on Twitpic
- delltechcenter on Twitpic
Also be sure to check out SearchServerVirtualization: VMworld 2008 conference coverage.