Like Fusion 4 or 5? You’ll love Fusion 6!
If you are using Fusion 4 or 5, you’re missing out on feature improvements delivered in VMware Fusion 6, including:
- Up to 2x faster performance: run Windows applications side-by-side faster with Fusion 6. Rebooting Windows 7 or Windows 8 with Fusion 6 is up to 2x faster than with Fusion 4. Fusion 5 users will see improvements of up to 25% when rebooting Windows.
- Get the most out of OS X Mavericks and Windows 8.1: get a more Mac-like experience when running Windows applications on a Mac. With Fusion 6, extend Mavericks’ unique capabilities to your Windows environment and get the most out of Windows 8.1 directly on your Mac.
- Create the most powerful virtual machines: create virtual machines with up to 16vCPUs, 8TB disks, and up to 64GB of memory to run the most demanding applications.
- Get advanced features when upgrading to Fusion 6 Professional: easily create full and linked clones to streamline development and testing, and use the virtual machine editor to quickly build custom virtual networking configurations.
To get these and more great new features, upgrade today to Fusion 6 or Fusion 6 Professional for 30% off the regular upgrade price.
This offer begins on June 1, 2014 at 8 pm Pacific Time and ends on July 25, 2014 at 11:59 pm Pacific Time.
Today the VMware Fusion team is providing public access to the VMware Fusion Technology Preview. We would like to get feedback from individuals using a wide range of hardware and software configurations.
The VMware Fusion Technology Preview includes:
- VMware Hardware Version 11, including improved CPU support and upgraded USB 3.0 controller
- New icons in the library show state of VMs
- Ability to configure per-VM hotkeys
- Support for configuring the amount of graphics memory for each VM
- Updated support for multi-monitor setups where one monitor is a Retina-class display
Additional details, including a list of what’s new, and the VMware Fusion Technology Preview May 2014 download are available HERE from the VMware Fusion Community.
Please post all of your feedback in the VMware Fusion Preview 2014 Community forum. Our Developers, Quality Assurance Engineers, Support Teams, Technical Writers, Product Marketing Managers, and Product Managers will be monitoring the forum to ensure that we collect your suggestions and comments.
Many thanks for helping us to improve VMware Fusion.
The VMware Fusion Team
Microsoft Windows XP end of support (AKA the XPocalypse) has come and gone, and we are all still here.
However, a recent Microsoft security alert should give Windows XP users cause for concern as it potentially exposes them to serious security risks. Luckily, Microsoft issued a patch on May 1st – including Windows XP.
The issue is that XP users can’t expect Microsoft to continue to provide security updates for their operating system as support officially ended on April 8th.
If you must continue using XP for a while longer, you can run your critical Windows XP applications in a VMware Fusion virtual environment and get the following benefits:
- Forward compatibility—virtualization lets you run 12-year-old XP on today’s hardware.
- Reduced vulnerability—putting XP into a virtual machine isolates it, enabling you to turn off features that make it vulnerable.
- Safe state rollback—Fusion allows you to take periodic snapshots of a virtual machine that serves as a backup should your XP virtual machine become corrupted.
Click here to learn more about virtualizing Windows XP–and stay tuned for an upcoming blog with tips for what VMware Fusion users can do to protect XP running in Fusion from further security exploits.
Go green—consolidate all your PCs into one with Fusion
Virtualization is a green choice because the technology allows you to run multiple virtual machines on one physical computer. When using Fusion 6 to run Windows on your Mac, you eliminate the need to have two computers, saving on energy costs and reducing your carbon footprint.
And, since Fusion 6 is optimized to give you fast performance while efficiently utilizing your Mac’s battery power, you save even more.
Make a green choice and save up to 20% on Fusion:
This offer begins on April 21, 2014, at 8:00 pm Pacific Time and expires on April 24, 2014, at 11:59 pm Pacific Time.
On April 17th we released VMware Fusion 6.0.3, a maintenance release. This update is recommended for all users of VMware Fusion 6 and Fusion 6 Professional.
To download VMware Fusion 6.0.3, open VMware Fusion and select VMware Fusion > Check for Updates.
For more details on Fusion 6.0.3, read the Release Notes.
Thanks to the Fusion customers reporting these issues to Fusion Support and discussing them with the VMware Fusion Community.
-The VMware Fusion Team