We’re pleased and excited to announce the worldwide release of VMware Fusion 7 and VMware Fusion 7 Pro.
VMware Fusion 7
Fusion 7 is recommended for new and existing Mac users who want to continue using critical Windows applications. New features include:
- Designed for OS X Yosemite – Adopting Yosemite’s key design cues such as translucency in windows, streamlined toolbars and simplified Dock icon, Fusion 7 adds more dimension when managing virtual machines. It also leverages Yosemite’s control features to ensure a consistent experience across the operating system.
- Powerful Virtual Machines and Graphics – Create virtual machines with up to 16 vCPUs, 8 TB virtual disks, and up to 64 GB of memory to run the most demanding applications. Graphics-intensive applications can now be given an additional boost by allocating up to 2 GB of video memory per virtual machine.
- Designed for the Latest Macs – Optimized for the latest Intel Core i5, i7 and Xeon E5 processors, Fusion 7 delivers up to 43% improvements in CPU-intensive operations like multimedia, encryption and decryption, and other strenuous performance tests. Leveraging the Mac’s faster memory, faster SSD performance and greater power under the hood, Fusion 7 lets you run Windows applications at near-native performance.
- Increased Efficiency – Fusion 7 reduces its energy impact on Macs to help users do more on a single charge. Improvements in App Nap® support and reduction in Idle Wake Ups ensure that every watt of power coming out of your Mac’s battery is used as efficiently as possible. Fusion 7 shows an energy impact reduction of up to 42% compared to VMware Fusion 6.
- Retina Display Optimization – Windows never looked so good with Retina Display optimization for a crisp and detailed experience of your Windows applications. If your Mac has a native Retina display or is connected to one, Fusion 7 ensures you get a seamless experience when running Windows across Retina and non-Retina displays.