Today the VMware Fusion team is providing public access to the VMware Fusion Technology Preview July 2014. This Tech Preview adds new features not included in the Technology Preview May 2014. We would like to get feedback from individuals using a wide range of hardware and software configurations.
The VMware Fusion Technology Preview July 2014 includes:
- New virtual Hardware Version 11. (Virtual Machine > Settings > Compatibility)
- New icons in the library show state of virtual machines in the list view
- Support for configuring the amount of graphics memory for each virtual machine. (Virtual Machine > Settings > Display)
- Configure the use of integrated or discrete graphics cards on Mac Book Pros with more than one GPU.
- Updated support multi-monitor configurations where one monitor is a Retina-class display.
- Ability to configure a per-virtual machine hot-key combination (Virtual Machine > Settings > Keyboard & Mouse)
- Improved support for prerelease versions of Microsoft Windows.
- New VMware Tools installation method for Windows 8 virtual machines, using USB CD virtual device.
- NEW– Support for viewing VMware Fusion Professional on VMware Workstation, VMware ESXi, VMware vSphere servers in the library (File > Connect to Server)
- NEW– Ability to remotely control VMware Workstation, VMware ESXi, VMware vSphere virtual machines
- NEW– Improved support for unreleased versions of Mac OS X
- NEW– Ability to share iSight camera between the host and guest operating system
Additional details and the VMware Fusion Technology Preview 2 July 2014 download are available HERE from the VMware Fusion Community.
As with the Technology Preview May 2014, please post all of your feedback in the VMware Workstation Fusion Preview 2014 Community forum. Our Developers, Quality Assurance Engineers, Support Teams, Technical Writers, Product Marketing Managers, and Product Managers will continue to follow the forum to ensure that we collect your suggestions and comments.
Many thanks for helping us to improve VMware Fusion.
The VMware Fusion Team